• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9/10 Storm

stormtracker

Amazing at how the precipitation is being suppressed.  Earlier this morning the precip line ran right along the KY/TN border - almost the entire length of it.  Was gradually pushed southward over the last several hours. Is starting to gain some latitude, but very slowly...  Given how much rain TX and LA received, and the deep greens in the flow, the nrn wall is a beast.  

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

It’s a moving wall. We just need it to move a little more than the models are seeing. That’s our angle and its all we got. This still gives me a couple inches in PWC

should we just assume a typical model 50 mile error bias?

3 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Sarcasm?

This is the type of storm Richmond would typically cash in on. They often miss out on storms that nail places just north. I hope the GFS is wrong. That would be pretty brutal. I was basically just parroting DT with the the Richmond 'snow hole' comment. I sincerely apologize to all the snow lovers in the Richmond vicinity. I meant no ill will. I am rooting for an over-performer for y'all. Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This is the type of storm Richmond would typically cash in on. They often miss out on storms that nail places just north. I hope the GFS is wrong. That would be pretty brutal. I was basically just parroting DT with the the Richmond 'snow hole' comment. I sincerely apologize to all the snow lovers in the Richmond vicinity. I meant no ill will. I am rooting for an over-performer for y'all. Good luck.

Well that's normaly the case... Avoiding the dry air/mix is always a fight here... The storm really getting going kinda scares me... Because that is what it normally brings along.  HOPEFULLY when/if the heavy precipitation moves it will be all snow & we will cash in..

15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Lol!! I was just wondering. GFS against everything else??? I’ll take everything else haha.

15 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Are all the Canadian models running with the same data? That’s probably the wrong term but hopefully you know what I mean. 12z CMC holds.

I know what you mean - and yes, there's a reason they're all showing similar solutions.  The HRDPS doesn't have the RGEM's wet bias, so it's probably more realistic here. 

• Like 2