• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MetHerb

Fall Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

Here are a couple photos leaving work this afternoon and looking up at the mountain.

Caked but in reality it's only 3-4" on the upper mountain.  Makes sense on the eastern gradient.

The Front Five.

44778756_10103564419970670_3421611895658

Gondola view.

43626655_10103564424257080_1737950824039

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My gf hates snow. She hates that she loses me to every major snowstorm more. 

Oh buddy, you arent gonna last. Might as well just call it quits and get it over with

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Oh buddy, you arent gonna last. Might as well just call it quits and get it over with

Haha you’d think so, but we’ve been together a long time. We just learned to live with the quirks that make us us. Wx ain’t gonna sink this ship. 

Who controls the thermostat at night has definitely put a few dents in the bow though :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doubt this happens, but it's nice to read it.  Step-by-step.

Friday Night

A chance of rain between midnight and 5am, then rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Pit 1 or 2?

Doubt this happens, but it's nice to read it.  Step-by-step.
Friday Night
A chance of rain between midnight and 5am, then rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Pit 1 or 2?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's down at Pit1.  With the exception of coming down to be sure the house is still standing (or if the weather should dictate :) ), I'll be bidding farewell to Pit 1 some time next week or certainly next weekend.

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

So Mike-once pit1 is sold, does pit2 become pit1?  Inquiring mimes want to know.....

It's tough for mimes to ask questions.  :)

That's unlikely.  We'll need to get something closer to ORH--perhaps in the city itself.  We really like the west side.  We wont be in a position to buy until Pit1 actually sells.  So, I think Pit1 will always be the primary residence.

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Sneaky snow showers this morning.  Coated everything white.   I can add my .2" of snow to my .5" the other day.  Building up the numbers.

You might have your first inch before 11/1...lol

Snow showers moving through again at 32F in the valley at noon.

This has been some ridiculous cold in October with all this daytime flakeage.  

This is the 5th day with flakes falling at home this month.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It has been discussed ad nauseum but I still get a bit shook at cold and snow too early.  I'm always fearing the '89 style snap back.

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

It has been discussed ad nauseum but I still get a bit shook at cold and snow too early.  I'm always fearing the '89 style snap back.

I'm not worried as even if the band snaps back (which it will) we still have plenty of time before "real winter" sets in. 

There's no doubt it'll warm up in November as this just isn't sustainable.  The departures aren't even that much because we've been cloudy for 2 weeks straight and can't radiate.  It's just been the daytime temperatures holding near freezing that have been crazy.  It's different from a cold pattern that's clear and we'd radiate to 19F and then be 45F during the day.  But the daytime persistent flurries and cold temperatures while out doing your daily life makes this feel real impressive.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

3rd day of flakage for me and Im way south of you.  Im going through wood really quickly for October.  Normally the house is warm enough during the day that I only have to fire up the stove in the evening to warm it up.  Another cloudy day up here.  Looking on the south horizon I see lots of breaks.  Up to 34.9F.  This mornings dusting finally has melted away.