12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential Part 3

earthlight

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts on the 18z GFS: While the surface depiction is very close, I like that the trough goes negative quicker on the 18z. At 00z Monday, the 12z is still positive, but the 18z is about neutral. I'll take that as a small shift in the right direction. A few more small steps and we're in very nice shape with the GFS. I'll walk away from 18z happy.

My thoughts on the 18z GFS: While the surface depiction is very close, I like that the trough goes negative quicker on the 18z. At 00z Monday, the 12z is still positive, but the 18z is about neutral. I'll take that as a small shift in the right direction. A few more small steps and we're in very nice shape with the GFS. I'll walk away from 18z happy.

Precip maps are nearly identical, too. Might even be slightly wetter at 12z. I think it looks better aloft though.

Precip shield further west but man those are some tight gradients.

That map and track 75 miles west of where it is now roughly triples 15 million people's snow accums, and based on the upper air depictions it's a very plausible scenario. The fact that modelling so strongly seems to be shifting in the Euro's direction is quite alarming.

That map and track 75 miles west of where it is now roughly triples 15 million people's snow accums, and based on the upper air depictions it's a very plausible scenario. The fact that modelling so strongly seems to be shifting in the Euro's direction is quite alarming.

Why is it alarming Lol.

Why is it alarming Lol.

It's alarming b/c basically every other model ditched yesterday but the Euro held steady. Now we're seeing all models trend back to the Euro, whihc has been consistent for 2-3 days now. If this storm verifies I've got to give the Euro a helluva lot of credit for persistence.

The ECMWF has had a bias of overamplifying east coast storms since its upgrade a few years ago, but to see the model run after run (what is it - 6 now?) with a massive low on the EC, tells you something. There's a very strong signal being detected here and now the rest of the guidance is apparently seeing it, albeit slower than the euro caught on.

It's alarming b/c basically every other model ditched yesterday but the Euro held steady. Now we're seeing all models trend back to the Euro, whihc has been consistent for 2-3 days now. If this storm verifies I've got to give the Euro a helluva lot of credit for persistence.

True but nothing to be alarmed about IMO. When it's right it's hard to argue with it.

It's comforting knowing what you described above is typical. Even with the last "storm," the Euro may have showed it as a hit once or twice, but ultimately it gave up on it around this time frame and was persistent about it, and all the other models that were showing storm (GFS namely) trended towards it.

That, and that fact the Euro has showed this for six runs makes me feel that good snow will come.

Archived