• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential Part 3

earthlight

Wow, 1.65" on the EC... that's incredible... glad I stayed up to see it.

BTW, I'm getting snow from this system right now :snowman:

Good, I hope you sampled some data and submitted it for the models to ingest, Ray ;)

It looks like your enthusiasm for a major snowstorm has increased considerably.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part about this 12Z run of the EURO is not that it held serve (actually got even better with track and qpf), but that every other major model at 12Z has shifted dramatically from a suppressed/further south outcome to a more wound up system much closer to resembling the EURO and it's solution the past 4 runs. Amazing.

First, great play-by-play and color commentary by Tom and Alpha5 ... thanks guys! Second, if, IF the outcome of this storm is more along the lines of the GFS rather than the Euro, I would think it would be one of the biggest Euro busts ever.

I've already stated elsewhere that if the EC busts on this, I would lose a great deal of respect for it. Now, even more so...

lol wish i could...I would be committed (to a mental hospital) if I decided to stay home. But I agree tracking it is 50% of the fun and I'll have internet the whole time so I'll def be keeping track of whats going on. I am still hoping this is a BECS for all you guys that will be here for it but I will say one thing; If the King is dethroned I will be beyond happy I am not here for the whiff.

Speaking of hospital, you need to get sick-- and quickly. Catch the flu or something.

WOW...forget the snow amounts...take a look at the LLJ the Euro is depicting over NYC/NJ! Would be a destructive Nor'easter!

that's 75+ knots if I'm not mistaken

Thoughts??

f120.gif

Looks like a little piece of 75-85 knots in CNJ which would be insane if half that makes it to the surface. Even if a third made it to the surface that would still be 35mph winds

I don't like that precip numbers became less and more tight back here...gives me a feeling of unease.

I wouldn't worry about it dude, a 970s low riding right up the east coast is going to crush anyone within a couple hundred miles of the track. Plus further west you are talking about lower temps during the storm, so higher ratios.

So the Euro gives us an epic hit while all the other models brush us or miss to the east. I pray the Euro scores an incredible victory, rather than going down in flames. Amazing how consistent it has been.

GEM and especially the GFS trended toward the EC today so it may well be an massive EC victory. We'll have to call it "VE" day :lol:

So the Euro gives us an epic hit while all the other models brush us or miss to the east. I pray the Euro scores an incredible victory, rather than going down in flames. Amazing how consistent it has been.

Yup, although the GFS and UKMET did come a bit west at 12z so maybe there coming towards the Euro as well. The GFS certainly was much better with the northern stream digging

OT: Can anyone get into their PM system? Mine seems to be down

Verbatim a TRUE blizzard (possibly minus temp requirements) for NJ/NYC. 10-20" with at least 20-30mph winds...fun!

yeah. 32 degrees to get snow...

THERE ARE NO TEMP REQUIREMENTS FOR A BLIZZARD! just 1/4mile visibility and sustained 35mph winds/gusts for a 3hr time period

i do believe there is a "cold blizzard" but thats another subject.

lol wish i could...I would be committed (to a mental hospital) if I decided to stay home. But I agree tracking it is 50% of the fun and I'll have internet the whole time so I'll def be keeping track of whats going on. I am still hoping this is a BECS for all you guys that will be here for it but I will say one thing; If the King is dethroned I will be beyond happy I am not here for the whiff.

Dont worry your car and house will still be burried when you get home.

yeah. 32 degrees to get snow...

THERE ARE NO TEMP REQUIREMENTS FOR A BLIZZARD! just 1/4mile visibility and sustained 35mph winds/gusts for a 3hr time period

i do believe there is a "cold blizzard" but thats another subject.

I think Severe Blizzard is the next stage up from Blizzard, but the temp requirements were dropped from both. Just a matter of getting the wind and visibility for three straight hours.

If this were to verify, this could be one of the strongest storms to impact the East Coast during a Strong La Nina winter. We have nice pacific ridge when we need it, and if the Euro is right, which seems to be since it has been the most consistent, then the pattern produced when it had the chance to. What an amazing run, for the 5th time in a row.

Awesommeneessss!!!!!!!!!!

Archived