• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC/PHL December 24-27 Potential Part 3

earthlight

ok, I'm seeing it out to 84. To be honest, you'd be surprised. It's not looking bad. It is a deep digging solution and low pressure is developing off the coast. It looks like it might go southeast of the benchmark, but I couldn't say that I am dissapointed with where this is.

NAM at 84 hours. I agree. I like storms that dig deep and have potential to ride the coast. :D

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I agree completely. It may not be a hit, but it is definitely close and we must remember that it is the NAM at hr. 84, so not bad like you say.

ok, I'm seeing it out to 84. To be honest, you'd be surprised. It's not looking bad. It is a deep digging solution and low pressure is developing off the coast. It looks like it might go southeast of the benchmark, but I couldn't say that I am dissapointed with where this is.

Definite improvement from the 18z NAM, but the phase occurs a bit too late and heights haven't backed enough on the east coast for this to turn the corner due N/NNE. But this is out in the fantasy range of the NAM anyway, so I don't put much credence in it. At least its not showing something strongly different than the rest of the guidance.

the other positive I see is that the strongest part of the vortmax at the 84 hour time frame is coming around the base of the trof and I think this would help create divergence to the north and create more of a negative tilt and really explode the system probably within the next 12-24 hours. I think that process may be a tad late and a little east, but really it's not by very much.

Definite improvement from the 18z NAM, but the phase occurs a bit too late and heights haven't backed enough on the east coast for this to turn the corner due N/NNE. But this is out in the fantasy range of the NAM anyway, so I don't put much credence in it. At least its not showing something strongly different than the rest of the guidance.

exactly. we are thinking along the same lines on this

Honestly, I think it's much better if the southern stream gets phased in after entering the Gulf...it won't be able to gain as much moisture if it phases too early, and plus the huge jet streak that comes down from Canada won't be able to impact the storm as much, since it would be placed further north relative to the time where the storm is phasing.

I don't think we are in this models wheelhouse yet, I want see the GFS and EC tonight. All the new data combined with the old prognostication may take a run or two for the NAM to digest.

yeah, but it's showing the faster phase around 36 hours...well inside it's "good" range

After 12z tomorrow is really the time to get excited if the models are still locked onto a strong solution. All the data will be assimilated by then, and hopefully the time for wild swings will end. Therefore, tonight's 0z and tomorrow's 12z are the really crucial runs. It's hard for me to buy into the NAM ahead of 48 hours, so anyone putting a lot of credence into what it shows is probably mistaken. For people worried about the S/W being too far north, it's practically over L.A. at the moment and won't travel north until the northern stream interacts with it. It'll likely have plenty of access to the Gulf in the process.

Archived