Total Members
    Most Online
    jstev4506
    Newest Member
    jstev4506
Baroclinic Zone

July Doldrums - Summer in full effect Pattern and Model Discussion

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember we discussed a shift in BTV's anomalies a few years back. I'd have to go back and see exactly when it was but there was almost a step change and I think it showed up more in the min temps and not as much in the max temps (I.e. The airport wasn't radiating as much as it used to)...this can sometimes happen if they move the Asos or if there is any type of land use change on the airport or near it. I believe this happened in Seattle a few years back when a huge step change in temps occurred after they constructed a 3rd runway at the airport there. 

It could be coincidence too at BTV...but it always looks funny when literally every other first order station is putting up '81-'10 reference anomalies that are like 2F colder than BTV. 

This happened at BDL as well at some point in the early 90s and I think ORH's sensors were re-located at some point and there was a subtle change there as well.  Microclimatology always amazed me and the differences you can sometimes get.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Late min for BTV last night, but they held on for a min of 80° yesterday.

Warmest min on record in the ThreadEx.  Impressive.

Even SLK was 70F at 3am... low of 69F or so but that's top-tier stuff for that location.

I wonder what their highest min is...but for them that's almost more impresssive than the 80F at BTV.

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

3-ply AM already.  Temp already 80F by 8am.

Yeah it feels like death out there this morning and it's only 830a.

9 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dont doubt it but when the world sees BTV broke 134 year old records there should be an asterisk 

Same could be said of the Logan Airport station. 

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

COC this weekend. Dews in the 30s again in NNE?

Will be in Epping sunday, Looking forward to a nice high 70 to low 80's kind of day.

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it feels like death out there this morning and it's only 830a.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Today feels gross no sun but a breeze just picked up to help

There was a staleness to the air for sure.

1 minute ago, butterfish55 said:

83/74 here on York Beach. Definitely hotter and way muggier than the last 2 days. Thankfully, the water is seaweed free, and relatively warm (for coastal Maine)

Pretty much the same at home as well.

14 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

83/74 here on York Beach. Definitely hotter and way muggier than the last 2 days. Thankfully, the water is seaweed free, and relatively warm (for coastal Maine)

You're probably at the best beach for warm water up here being that far in southern Maine.

You're probably at the best beach for warm water up here being that far in southern Maine.
It was painfully cold Sunday, but much nicer yesterday. Hopefully it stays that way.

12 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It was painfully cold Sunday, but much nicer yesterday. Hopefully it stays that way.

Should only warm up from here on out.

• Like 1

89/73 here. Feeling like Sunday again. Hoping for a downpour later to cool things off a bit before heading to Ossipee for the rest of the week. 

Wtf, it's now 87/78

I officially protest...also it was good knowing all of you, however I will be outside for 9hrs and I dont think I'm going to survive...someone from here needs to step up and continue my tradition of bemoaning the nuances of the rain/snow line during the winter

Meso models continue to paint a stormy late afternoon along the 84 corridor. Could be isolated flash flooding where they develop. It would be nice to cool down the temps later on, but would assume it would only add to the torrid humidity that is already present. If that is even possible as my dewpoint has been bouncing around 78-80 already....