Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
George BM

July Discobs Thread

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

That standing band south of IAD.  Yowza.

Few PWSs near 5”, one approaching 6”.  Thankfully fairly rural areas and the PW forest.  All hail the HRRR for nailing the potential of big time totals.

• Like 1

Quick note out of summer hibernation. Where the hell was this storm back in January!?  Would have easily been named something dumb by the Weather Channel. :lol:

See you all soon for El Niño. 

32 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Few PWSs near 5”, one approaching 6”.  Thankfully fairly rural areas and the PW forest.  All hail the HRRR for nailing the potential of big time totals.

Yeah it nailed the potential. But then it moved axis of heaviest precip from east of the bay, to over the bay, to the DC area, points west...then moved it back towards Annapolis and the bay, then back west again. Because it changes every hour, it usually ends up nailing something. Love the HRRR!

59 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

DCA just reported 1.3” with -SN and 3mi visibility.

I LOL'ed when I heard the weather chick on WTOP this afternoon mention "additional accumulations" in the next few days.

crankyweatherguy is dooming us all.

Edit: Us folks on the Delmarva peninsula. MD's eastern shore.

2.03" so far. Looks like it might be winding down here. Sort of in a dry slot, although still some showers rotating through, but nothing heavy. Sucks Dover radar is offline(it is way too often during actual events) which makes it a bit difficult to see whats happening. It was pouring earlier, and looking at both Sterling and Mt Holly radar, it looked like drizzle here lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

2.03" so far. Looks like it might be winding down here. Sort of in a dry slot, although still some showers rotating through, but nothing heavy. Sucks Dover radar is offline(it is way too often during actual events) which makes it a bit difficult to see whats happening. It was pouring earlier, and looking at both Sterling and Mt Holly radar, it looked like drizzle here lol.

I think I'm going to need a pivot myself.

Closing in on .01"

This feels just like a winter storm, and most certainly a fitting warm- up for what promises to be yet another winter of being fringed to shut out while the beaches get raked by storm after storm.

• Haha 1