• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HunterMT
    Newest Member
    HunterMT
George BM

July Discobs Thread

Welcome to July in the MA. The heat is on.

Or as the forecaster who wrote the morning AFD for Mount Holly puts it-

The broad/strong ridge goes into full-on torch mode today, with 594+ dam 500-mb geopotential heights parked right over the area, supplying downright unpleasant heat.

• Like 1

My back got torched cutting grass yesterday. Given how there will be heat advisories the next couple days I’m glad it’s done. Grass will turn to ash soon without some rains. Looking dry this week

Just now, H2O said:

My back got torched cutting grass yesterday. Given how there will be heat advisories the next couple days I’m glad it’s done. Grass will turn to ash soon without some rains. Looking dry this week

I have been running the sprinkler daily since Monday. Its on now. It gets old though, plus when I still see the grass burning despite it, I ultimately realize its completely futile and give up. Probably a couple more days.

Already 83 in the Inner Harbor...I say they hit 100 today. Climo section from LWX AFD for posterity.

Screenshot_20180701-082930_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e9d82d3b81dde1d33c542490684c5c08.jpg

Just got back from a week in Daytona. It's much cooler and more pleasant there than this polluted furnace. I should have stayed another couple months. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just got back from a week in Daytona. It's much cooler and more pleasant there than this polluted furnace. I should have stayed another couple months. 

It's not fair we get all of the Midwest coal smoke blown our way. Plus we have a lot more pollen to deal with.

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Welcome back.....I think...lol. Real nice beaches in Daytona .

89/75

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Welcome back.....I think...lol. Real nice beaches in Daytona .

89/75

Best beach week ever. Stayed on a no drive beach in a sick building. We will return. 13 hour drive is the only downside but worth it. 

90 in the shade already. Can wait to mow the field of bad dreams. 

Been a long couple months for me. Getting back to normal though. Whatever that means. Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man am I happy to be in OC where we have stayed around 85 yesterday and today with a little bit of a sea breeze.  This heat is so widespread with 90s well up into Quebec and Ontario; I found a 97/75 (HI 110) a couple hundred miles into Ontario.  A co-worker of mine is at some isolated lake in Quebec on a fishing trip this week and was looking forward to nice cool weather.  Ooops.

LWX doesn't seem to expect DCA or BWI to go below 80 degrees tonight for the low... when is the last time that has happened?

7 hours ago, yoda said:

LWX doesn't seem to expect DCA or BWI to go below 80 degrees tonight for the low... when is the last time that has happened?

Looks like Reagan National down to 79 as of 4:53am

BWI  73

Here 69

Temps really spiking now...wonder if heat warning is going to be issued for DC/Arlington/Baltimore City.  Already about to hit the advisory criteria regionwide.