Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

21 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

since when is New england in the Aleutian islands?

There's this new theory about correlation with the Bering Sea and ten days later the East Coast, called the BSR rule. The correlation this summer ran about .8 which is pretty high. I believe Scooter said it was voodoo, I think its a very unproven broad correlation that works until it doesn't. Very similar to the Asia rule about troughs over Japan translating to 10 days later on the East coast, again works until it doesn't

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

There's this new theory about correlation with the Bering Sea and ten days later the East Coast, called the BSR rule. The correlation this summer ran about .8 which is pretty high. I believe Scooter said it was voodoo, I think its a very unproven broad correlation that works until it doesn't. Very similar to the Asia rule about troughs over Japan translating to 10 days later on the East coast, again works until it doesn't

It's a little bizzare to me.  I'm not sure a one day snap shot can predict a month's temp as he implies. Maybe you need some sort of average over a period of days? 

54 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That’s what you get for starting school in August.

you could have the same issues in June with a later start....rob Peter to pay Paul.   The real issue is too many needless snow days...we had 2 to 3 days off last year for wet roads...Christ.

44 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Exactly...

So the 6 days would have made a huge difference to you? 

Huh?   Start after Labor Day and end 6/20ish.  Try not to call school for bs events.  Interesting after the 1960-61 winter my school district in NNJ added 5 xtra days the following year to account for snow days.  If you didn’t use them you still had to go to school!