Newest Member
    joxey
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was thinking we could talk more about your fascination of me in 90% of your posts . And then we could talk about the Yankees 

Do you mean discuss how many years it's been since their last World Series title???? 2009 I believe. Or perhaps discuss  that being their 1 world series title in the last 17 years while spending gobs of cash on poorly constructed rosters???? I tell ya what I'll bring along my signed Josh Beckett picture. I'm sure that will bring back fond memories for you of 2003. And yes it is a picture of him in his Marlins uniform. And ya know what we can discuss how it was possible for da Bronx Bombers to blow a 3-0 lead to the Sox in 2004....You can raise the pennant and world series title flag on may 10th if you wish but all that is going to do is create work for you when you have to take them down come October.

And we can share an Ellsbury...if you do not know what that is...it's an empty drink glass....

49 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Do you mean discuss how many years it's been since their last World Series title???? 2009 I believe. Or perhaps discuss  that being their 1 world series title in the last 17 years while spending gobs of cash on poorly constructed rosters???? I tell ya what I'll bring along my signed Josh Beckett picture. I'm sure that will bring back fond memories for you of 2003. And yes it is a picture of him in his Marlins uniform. And ya know what we can discuss how it was possible for da Bronx Bombers to blow a 3-0 lead to the Sox in 2004....You can raise the pennant and world series title flag on may 10th if you wish but all that is going to do is create work for you when you have to take them down come October.

And we can share an Ellsbury...if you do not know what that is...it's an empty drink glass....

or we can discuss how you blew a 8 game lead in 2 weeks since its best to talk now rather than past or we can really talk past.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

idk if blow is the right word. Yanks are en fuego.

Ha yeah I love that line.  The Sox have a .700 win percentage this season so far.  If that includes a "blown 8 game lead" so be it.  As we move into June and July the top tier teams will have a .600-.650 type win percentage so there's regression yet to come.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha yeah I love that line.  The Sox have a .700 win percentage this season so far.  If that includes a "blown 8 game lead" so be it.  As we move into June and July the top tier teams will have a .600-.650 type win percentage so there's regression yet to come.

Not for EMA, never. 

So I wonder if anyone around here gets it - much less cares ... so long as it's not hot and summery, right? Ha. 

Seriously, Saturday is an ice storm as far as I'm concerned ... no, not literally ... figuratively. That's a winter storm...isentropic event - we are stuck in a winter hemisphere mapped over top the solar calendar and it's been going on despite the warm spell we had. In fact, that warm spell - you know what that was?  That was February 21st, two months later. 

It's really bizarre how resistant the season is to change. Solar minimum..?  I mean what -  I'm taken aback by it actually.  And, I'm not really sure what anomaly is greater: it, or the scale and degree of obnoxiousness it is to look at it ...day after day, model run after model run, while Steve is smug, Kevin lies, and the whole eastern N/A is being enabled into not seeing... thus, not believing in Global warming... 

Which is fascinating, if not deviously ironic, considering that same population sector of Humanity, is among the worst offenders in the total carbon footprint/ contribution to AGW ... It's like the atmosphere its self is part of the Trump karma ...

28 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I like warm weather Tip and hot when it's beach time but it's really a pretty typical May so far. Some heat, lots of beautiful days and some chilly rainy days. Nothing earth shattering 

Oh I'm just bustn ballz -

It's not a typical May tho - ha... It's way above normal through D10

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh I'm just bustn ballz -

It's not a typical May tho - ha... It's way above normal through D10

Which is pretty typical No? It's only 10 days and things have a way of settling down May 2001 was plus 11 through day 12 but ended up plus 1.5 We probably will be AN but nothing historic if modeling is correct .Saturday like the models predicted looks God awful.  Saving grace has been the perfect days if warm dry days and cool nights lately. Perfect for spring work, can do without the bugs though.

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Have you seen the big 3 are in top 5 warm Mays to date?

Who knows where it goes from here, but it has been a really nice May so far.  It's been about as nice a stretch of weather as you could ask for after the -6.5 mean for April.

So far it's +6.4 for May...a complete 180 from April. Like the Red Sox and Yankees, swapping streaks.

But as usual, warmth this time of the year is my favorite.  Low dew, low humidity, red flag type weather is awfully enjoyable after a New England winter that didn't leave early.

Average today is 65/39... and we have 2 days of 80F-85F and 6 of 10 days reaching 70F or higher.  Still, 2 frosts and 1 freeze show the large diurnal swings this time of year.

Black fly season has arrived big time here. It doesn't take long for them to come out once the snow pack disappears. There were none early in the week, but now they're circling around my head within minutes of going inside. They are not biting yet though for some reason.

That said, I'd much rather have black flies than gypsy moths or winter moths since the flies doesn't destroy trees. Unfortunately, though the emerald ash borer has now been detected here in VT in Orange County. The EAB infestation that started around Pittsfield, MA has not made it here yet, but it's all around us so it's only a matter of time before it arrives. There's lots of dead or dying ash trees down that way since they've been infested for several years now. Between this new invasive, balsam/hemlock wooly adelgid, beech bark disease, black knot fungus, and the like (all disease that humans had a hand in introducing) many trees are having a hard time. The only trees that seem to be free of disease right now are the birches and maples. 

I've yet to get a tick up here despite lots of working in the yard and wandering in the woods. That doesn't mean they don't exist here, they likely do, probably just in lower numbers than they do in the valley and shoreline areas. Is there a limit to their cold tolerance or is it that the carriers don't exist as much up here?

5 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

Black fly season has arrived big time here. It doesn't take long for them to come out once the snow pack disappears. There were none early in the week, but now they're circling around my head within minutes of going inside. They are not biting yet though for some reason.

That said, I'd much rather have black flies than gypsy moths or winter moths since the flies doesn't destroy trees. Unfortunately, though the emerald ash borer has now been detected here in VT in Orange County. The EAB infestation that started around Pittsfield, MA has not made it here yet, but it's all around us so it's only a matter of time before it arrives. There's lots of dead or dying ash trees down that way since they've been infested for several years now. Between this new invasive, balsam/hemlock wooly adelgid, beech bark disease, black knot fungus, and the like (all disease that humans had a hand in introducing) many trees are having a hard time. The only trees that seem to be free of disease right now are the birches and maples. 

I've yet to get a tick up here despite lots of working in the yard and wandering in the woods. That doesn't mean they don't exist here, they likely do, probably just in lower numbers than they do in the valley and shoreline areas. Is there a limit to their cold tolerance or is it that the carriers don't exist as much up here?

Mine are biting. It’s impossible to do anything outside right now.

Archived