• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
MetHerb

Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

.21 today, 10 mins of sun, damp. Look forward to putting a string of nice daya together again. Do have a total jungle though plants are doing great.

Just a wee bit less here. 0.17".  Predawn and late afternoon, nice in between.

Got caught in a downpour on a walk.  Sat in the basement naked waiting for clothes to dry in the drier.  Odd day.

Looks like about .25” since yesterday. Just missed some big downpours by a few miles in each direction, but that’s fine since it’s been wet lately. Nice Davis Dew of 70 earlier which probably means 66. Getting drier now.

2 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Went up to the low 60s by mid AM.  It's now above 65F which is my threshold for dewin' the dew.  It's currently 66F.  Not overly oppressive though with a 75F temp.

High dews in the 70's feel good at least early in the year.  80's and dew? blow...

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

High dews in the 70's feel good at least early in the year.  80's and dew? blow...

Black flies up here are probably only an 8-9/10 tonight versus 10/10 this past week. Baby steps.

Just now, kdxken said:

My daughter was at Lyndon State's graduation today and Jim Cantore was the commencement speaker. Big hit she tells me.

He’s like the Pope up there. I wasn’t there long enough to see him up there. I had to wait until he came in while I was serving tables at Carrabba’s in the early 2000s lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Black flies up here are probably only an 8-9/10 tonight versus 10/10 this past week. Baby steps.

Christ I wouldn't leave your house. When I arrived in Northfield the other day it was midday, sunny out with a breeze. Hardly ideal conditions for BFs, within minutes I had blood on me.

"You’ll remember next weekend’s 3 days of 75-80+ and sun "

Tropical downpours, concerns to mar holiday plans in East

Tropical moisture is expected to result in rounds of showers and thunderstorms across a large swath of the East during the holiday weekend

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/memorial-day-weekend-outlook-plans-may-be-spoiled-by-tropical-downpours-in-east-showers-in-northwest/70004995d.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

My daughter was at Lyndon State's graduation today and Jim Cantore was the commencement speaker. Big hit she tells me.

I just watched his speech. He received an honorary doctorate of science. As for his speech, I wasn't impressed. I thought because of his back ground, he would have had a better delivery, since he has spent his life performing for the cameras. It didn't feel as if he wanted to be there. It felt like a chore, or just something he had to do, even though he wasn't interested.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

"You’ll remember next weekend’s 3 days of 75-80+ and sun "

Tropical downpours, concerns to mar holiday plans in East

Tropical moisture is expected to result in rounds of showers and thunderstorms across a large swath of the East during the holiday weekend

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/memorial-day-weekend-outlook-plans-may-be-spoiled-by-tropical-downpours-in-east-showers-in-northwest/70004995d.

Sunday and Monday a concern for sure.

1 hour ago, #NoPoles said:

It didn't feel as if he wanted to be there. It felt like a chore, or just something he had to do

Needed more thundersnow.

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Christ I wouldn't leave your house. When I arrived in Northfield the other day it was midday, sunny out with a breeze. Hardly ideal conditions for BFs, within minutes I had blood on me.

The beauty of living on a hill with streams near a river. Lots of moving water for them to reproduce. Amazon will be delivering me a bug suit this week. 

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The beauty of living on a hill with streams near a river. Lots of moving water for them to reproduce. Amazon will be delivering me a bug suit this week. 

Raked at the cottage Saturday on Winnisquam yesterday. Repellant, hoodie, hat...nothing worked. Worst I can remember.

What a gorgeous day, lets hope GFS is out to lunch for Memorial day. Euro looks wet too but GFS is noose worthy. One more crap day tomorrow then we get a summery taste finally. Hopefully things change for the weekend.

Day 4 of no school school here. At this point they might as well just go to school until July. This pretty much guarantees that June ends up being a dry/hot month. No air conditioning ftl....

Is there a site where I can plug in a city, and past date to get precip and temps for that day?  Not more than a week or so back in time.

I know I should probably know this but I don't.

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

glad we don't live there

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

What a gorgeous day, lets hope GFS is out to lunch for Memorial day. Euro looks wet too but GFS is noose worthy. One more crap day tomorrow then we get a summery taste finally. Hopefully things change for the weekend.

I may need to start working weekends and take weekdays off because that's been the pattern for our nicest weather. 

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

Day 4 of no school school here. At this point they might as well just go to school until July. This pretty much guarantees that June ends up being a dry/hot month. No air conditioning ftl....

Huh?  No school because no AC?  No need for AC right now.

20 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Lol no school because of Tornado damage in town

28 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Where my sister lives, many still have no power, lots of cleanup...its not an AC thing.

When they make up the days, good likelyhood it could be pretty warm