Newest Member
    joxey
Confidence increases for coastal storm threat along Eastern Seaboard

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If thats the case I’d still be shoveling 30” from 3 years ago. But yea, you have to take notice when it doesnt want to tick into a good event and in fact, it starts going the other way.

Pretty steadfast keeping this a meh event for many.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If thats the case I’d still be shoveling 30” from 3 years ago. But yea, you have to take notice when it doesnt want to tick into a good event and in fact, it starts going the other way.

The EURO failed me the last storm but in a positive way. I got 9.5 while EURO gave me 4. So the EURO is not right all the time. In fact the EURO gives us 4 to 8 tonight. Bet the EURO fails with that.

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

The EURO failed me the last storm but in a positive way. I got 9.5 while EURO gave me 4. So the EURO is not right all the time. In fact the EURO gives us 4 to 8 tonight. Bet the EURO fails with that.

Also not going to do too well even down to New York I mean I think it showed around 10 to 12 inches there about 1 inch liquid that’s not happening either

Like Will said earlier...February of 89...got not a flake....30 years later you’d think this type of thing wouldn’t happen anymore..I mean with the incredible advancements in modeling and all?

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Exactly! 

Forum running good again.  I guess I don't have to look at the radar.  Storm must be winding down in the DC/Baltimore area.  The idea above about a SNE facebook forum was a great idea.  Wouldn't have to be used often but its there and would be an option to stay connected, even if the server had some kind of hardware  failure.

Meanwhile some unexpected midday sun up here that shot the temp up to 39F.  

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Also not going to do too well even down to New York I mean I think it showed around 10 to 12 inches there about 1 inch liquid that’s not happening either

Yup EURO failed on this storm as much as any other model. And will fail tonight with the 4 to 8 for SW CT

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I want to apologize to everyone in advance. I busted on this one, bad, very bad. The first time since Jan 26 2015, so i guess that's not too bad. 

Haha it’s not THAT serious. I had 10-14”, it happens.

This is a humbling hobby for us and for the pros. I enjoy the chase, the learning experience, and the good times on here....even though I know I can come across like a d*ick sometimes, but that’s mostly due to my ADD and english being my second language.  I tell my wife that too, when she does not take my dry sarcasm well.  

Archived