Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 20-21 Potential - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nj2va said:

GFS sets up the CCB on the eastern shore this run.  I’d trust the mesos for nailing this down and we’re still too far out but I like seeing it in the area on guidance.  GFS is a good run imo

GFS not as compact with h5 closing off. It could be right but even with a broader trough/less energetic ULL, it still get the job done very well. Round 2 is shaping up to be a lot of fun. I don't care who jacks. I just want us ALL to share fun for once. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

GFS looks pretty good with wave 2. More neg tilt and tucked low. Warn nose intrudes a second time before it get rolling pretty good again. 

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

GFS has us in a dryslot for a while.  GFS is further north again, I don't know when the last run was that trended south.

go with Bob C when needing analysis

Just now, Bob Chill said:

GFS not as compact with h5 closing off. It could be right but even with a broader trough/less energetic ULL, it still get the job done very well. Round 2 is shaping up to be a lot of fun. I don't care who jacks. I just want us ALL to share fun for once. 

THIS. I really don't care about mixing issues/accumulations at this moment. All that matters is we're getting a bomb of some sort. 

Just now, H2O said:

go with Bob C when needing analysis

Amped is right but that's only one piece of the story. Wave 1 is less interesting to me (and you) for obvious reasons. GFS def gets the job done for all with wave 2. Surface sub 32 with nice sounding for snow growth. I'll post shortly. 

The primary differences between the gfs and mesos for wave 2 is upper level support. Meso's are more robust. GFS is more progressive. But we can all see the potential here. Those HEAVIES on the delmarva could easily be here, sw va, north in PA. We just don't know but the potential is yelling at us now. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived