joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 Storm - Model Discussion STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing to keep in mind the models are way more expansive with the qpf now. Some of the runs that get precip in are even east of runs that didn't. That was expected. But now that they made that correction we need an actual northwest track adjustment and can't rely on the qpf expanding much more. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

One thing to keep in mind the models are way more expansive with the qpf now. Some of the runs that get precip in are even east of runs that didn't. That was expected. But now that they made that correction we need an actual northwest track adjustment and can't rely on the qpf expanding much more. 

I also like the low is developing off the Carolina coast and not ocean city lol. I also like that there’s an upper level piece digging in behind it hence the precip into sw Virginia.  This could still screw us but it’s not the typical miller B that is so legendary for busts here.

Just now, WeathermanB said:

Also i think the NWS is probably gonna issue winter watches/warnings for eastern VA and MD, Delaware soon? One could make that assumption based on the west trends of the models.

I would guess after 0z tonight if there’s another west shift.

1 minute ago, WeathermanB said:

Also i think the NWS is probably gonna issue winter watches/warnings for eastern VA and MD, Delaware soon? One could make that assumption based on the west trends of the models.

I don’t think so until tomorrow.  Just my guess

5 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I also like the low is developing off the Carolina coast and not ocean city lol. I also like that there’s an upper level piece digging in behind it hence the precip into sw Virginia.  This could still screw us but it’s not the typical miller B that is so legendary for busts here.

Yeah that low developing off of OC doesn't usually end well...lol

5 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

Eh. I’m not so sure. If they do they’ll wait until the morning probably at the earliest...marginal temps still remember 

Archived