Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

21 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

The Danbury area has seen bad luck for the past 15 years. I really hope your area jackpots this time, even if it means taint for us coasties.

Of course I want to extract max potential when possible but I joke about derserving it....only cape cod does. I like the look though for west zones, but I’m not trying to steal the snow from the east. Unfortunately, big systems rarely make everyone happy. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Probably. Even if it "wins" in a 70/30 compromise, that's going to crush probably 80-90% of SNE. 

I don't need jackpots, just a really good storm. I missed the jackpot last March by 200-300 miles but I still got 14 inches of man snow...good enough for me. 

I can’t take anymore rain. I just can’t 

I didn't think the run was enough different than the 12z to justify much reaction at all, actually ... not sure what petty details we're focused upon to justify are neurotic nit picking good god. There's enough other guidances with different signals... just because one is bad relative to what is ideal, the reaction is weird.  sorry - it just is

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha yeah you guys got destroyed.  Still flabbergasted by that event.  If 48 hours out someone said I would get more snow (a whole two inches) than ORH Cnty they would've been laughed off the forum, lol.

Anyway, I think you blend the GFS and EURO as always and go from there.  I am always highly skeptical of coastal storms but the upper level trough looks good to me, so a bit more optimistic than usual especially if the block relaxes just a little.  

I just want a nice 6" event to cover up the bare spots that have opened up in parts of the yard.  

Tim Kelley was saying this morning that you guys might be getting a sneaky event

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I didn't think the run was enough different than the 12z to justify much reaction at all, actually ... not sure what petty details we're focused upon to justify are neurotic nit picking good god. There's enough other guidances with different signals... just because one is bad relative to what is ideal, the reaction is weird.  sorry - it just is

I went back several pages and do not see the pyschoanlysis you speak of. Besides Ray and I disagreeing on the crappy icon output in a model thread....what else is “good God” worthy? DIT melting over gfs op, ok I’ll give you that.

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Probably. Even if it "wins" in a 70/30 compromise, that's going to crush probably 80-90% of SNE. 

I don't need jackpots, just a really good storm. I missed the jackpot last March by 200-300 miles but I still got 14 inches of man snow...good enough for me. 

Agree.

39 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

They're not helping the mid-Coast either (at least per the TT maps).

I wouldn't sweat the GFS right now, But then again some say the Euro isn't what it once was.....................:lol:

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

They have a 18Z CMC?  

GDPS Jerry,

http://meteocentre.com/numerical-weather-prediction/forecast-systems.php?run=18&map=na&mod=gemreg&lang=en

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Exactly, that's why I was saying just give me 6".  (Someone can have a field day with that one)... Just spread the wealth around and I think anyone here would be happy with a 6" snowfall clinging to everything.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Exactly, that's why I was saying just give me 6".  (Someone can have a field day with that one)... Just spread the wealth around and I think anyone here would be happy with a 6" snowfall clinging to everything.

Some were not a 12z, But that may change if they start getting close to tainting...............:)

Archived