Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Oh man...Jeff looking onto the next system before this one starts?

I'm like Jeff.   For some reason a current storm is more fun when we already have something to  watch down the road.  If next week was as torch I would not enjoy our current storm as much.

With this next system didn't both the GFS and Euro have a hits several days ago?  Then both were much flatter yesterday.  Now the GFS and Ukie have a hit again.  If the Euro follows this PM it will start getting really interesting. 

The current storm seems just a bit too far SE for me.  Big qpf to my SE but models keep showing .6" to 1" here.  Nice storm but not a 970b bomb over Portland...

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That was like a 500 mile shift NW on the 12z Euro from 0z, That's actually a big move in one run for it, I would expect another shift at 0z, Its not going to come back 1,800 miles in one run...................:lol:

Yeah,  I thought it was a good run all and all.....  Jeez,  I only had it out to 114 hours.  In the later panels there is a big change

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That was like a 500 mile shift NW on the 12z Euro from 0z, That's actually a big move in one run for it, I would expect another shift at 0z, Its not going to come back 1,800 miles in one run...................:lol:

Head, meet wall

1 minute ago, CoolMike said:

How do we feel about next week's system?  GFS OP has a nice hit. EURO looks like a scraper but I can only see the operational run in 24hr increments.  GEM has a fish storm.  Apparently UK shows a nice hit?

Could be a fun few days!

We watch

Archived