Newest Member
    joxey
Morch Madness Negative NAO Long Range discussion

Ji

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Euro is close to a decent hit for us. No snow in DC, but the low stays stationary over NJ and dumps 1-2' there. Looks like potential for sure

The Euro looks similar to what the GEFS was hinting at. With a transfer and a intensifying low sitting off the coast.

1 minute ago, rcflyermd68 said:

guess NWS is liking euro for next week

'Powerful' Nor'easter Possible For NJ This Week, NWS Says

The National Weather Service has issued an alert for what it described as a "powerful storm" that's expected to hit New Jersey this week.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/powerful-noreaster-possible-nj-week-nws-says

If we are done with Delaware, than how the hell are we talking about New Jersey now? Bleeech. 

2 minutes ago, rcflyermd68 said:

guess NWS is liking euro for next week

'Powerful' Nor'easter Possible For NJ This Week, NWS Says

The National Weather Service has issued an alert for what it described as a "powerful storm" that's expected to hit New Jersey this week.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/tomsriver/powerful-noreaster-possible-nj-week-nws-says

its not for next week its for this week..the one that moves SE

1 hour ago, Cobalt said:

Euro is close to a decent hit for us. No snow in DC, but the low stays stationary over NJ and dumps 1-2' there. Looks like potential for sure

Typical. I don’t care about my backyard though....I’ll drive up to Maryland if I have to in order to see the best of it! 

29 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Im originally from Maryland anyhow...

Originally a Metro DC/ Marylander here too ... and no regrets for having long left the arrogant and whiny attitude that so pervades that place.

It's weather for Pete's sake. Why not cheer on any area within a forum that's gets a great snowfall? Crimany, it's not like they came over and stole your frigging snow. And while New Jersey may have some run down areas (as if Maryland and Virginia don't?), much of that state is quite beautiful.

3 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I kind of agree with this...with the caveot that a strong storm could lead to a few inches of wet snow like the late March 84 bomb did NW of the cities.  But it will take a dynamic storm probably with marginal cold in mid march.  But this is a pattern that can create such a storm. 

So the same thing I got slammed for you now agree with? Interesting.

Archived