Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Snow To Rain Event

Cobalt

6 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

Just dropped into the 30s here in Stafford....now 39/26, hoping for a bit of ice. High was 42 (forecast was for 49)....we will see what transpires. I want to believe we have a bit of ice, but just don’t feel good about it.

Northern Stafford?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

It would be crazy luck on our part if we kept this cold all day and then the clouds broke up enough to let the temperature cool before they fill back in.  

If the highs busted low then just maybe lows can bust high.  A couple degrees in this setup makes all difference.

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

If the highs busted low then just maybe lows can bust high.  A couple degrees in this setup makes all difference.

Well we don’t have as far to fall.  I thought I would be at 45 or so right now.  Still mostly cloudy but there are some blue cracks.  Really splitting hairs on this one

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Well we don’t have as far to fall.  I thought I would be at 45 or so right now.  Still mostly cloudy but there are some blue cracks.  Really splitting hairs on this one

Honestly, I expected to be sitting in the mid to upper forties around now waiting for a rain storm.  A pleasant surprise so far even if it doesn't pan out.

5 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

Southern Stafford, about 5 miles NW of Falmouth our route 17. Lots of cracks in clouds/clear skies showing up around here.

We need you as cold as possible for us further north...I have no idea if that matters but it can hurt.  I will boil a chicken foot and some witches chin hair

1 hour ago, Ji said:
1 hour ago, BristowWx said:
Good or bad?  I am thinking good because amped and west would be bad..talk to me sir

He says not a big deal now but we'll see where we at at midnight lol. Won't help us get snow but could give us a better angle ha

There's almost no chance for a surprise dude.  Not saying models are perfect, but when have you seen a drastic change in like 6 - 10 hour leads?

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

We need you as cold as possible for us further north...I have no idea if that matters but it can hurt.  I will boil a chicken foot and some witches chin hair

Brined the heck out of the roads around here, even with no WWA issued. Guess after it all got washed away Sunday, needed to rebrine to meet a quota or something. Just ticked a degree down to 38/26.

Just now, stormtracker said:

There's almost no chance for a surprise dude.  Not saying models are perfect, but when have you seen a drastic change in like 6 - 10 hour leads?

Never.  Bigger concern is if we get precip early enough.  You did say almost...that leaves the door cracked.  

Overcast.  34/20.  Winds N at 7.  Baro still rising at 30.39”
Not counting on much clearing by the looks of satellite.  But air pressure and wind direction are a plus heading into the evening.
Good point about the baro. 18z nam showed a better press of the HP. Hoping we don't lull tho... Usually that is the end or very close to the end of wintry precip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I've woken up 6 hours after I went to bed expecting at least an inch or 2 on the ground only to see depressing brown grass and fresh deer pellets on my lawn more than once. So yea, I've been burned at 6-10 hour leads plenty of times. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I've woken up 6 hours after I went to bed expecting at least an inch or 2 on the ground only to see depressing brown grass and fresh deer pellets on my lawn more than once. So yea, I've been burned at 6-10 hour leads plenty of times. 

I mean a huge wholesale change.  Like instead of mostly rain, we all get like 4 to 8 inches.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I think he meant positive change.  Negative change we have done at much shorter leads.  Snow 3-7 inches...Snow likely 2-4 inches..Chance snow 1-2 inches...slight chance snow less than half inch possible...all in 6 hours 

2 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

-6c 850s over us extending due westward to Indiana

Baro still rising, winds north component and precip mass down south moving ene and not ne-nne

would call every one of these good sign for frozen 

I agree with what you pointed out. But like tracker said positive change at short leads is not something we do well.  And so far these positive facts seem to be absent on the models.  I guess we will know soon

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived