Total Members
    Most Online
    christopher58
    Newest Member
    christopher58
Damage In Tolland

Days and days of snow disco

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

On the 12z Euro, at 12z tomorrow the 925 line was past Scooter. On the 18z 3k it is around the canal.

Very close to my fanny.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Meh...don’t get the snark today... but there hasn’t been many model runs printing out the 4-6 they had up until now. 

Enjoy the snow.

Doesn't the GFS still have that for you?

7 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I think they over corrected just a bit.  It's not like we're talking much.  Maybe tack on 1-2" S & E of the I-84 line.

Their last map was what will verify. You get these inexperienced mets in there and they just take a paintbrush and start painting wildly 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I do not think temps will be much of an issue NW of a BOS-PVD line. Even BOS SW to interior SE MA might be ok. It is not going to be very easy to penetrate the BL torch more than about 10-15 miles inland.

Yep. This is all snow immediately N and W of Boston. 

storm will be colder than some models say or taunton says . heavy snow for northern ct area totals 6-10 inches  and 5- 8inches for boston area . se ct 3-5 inches

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. This is all snow immediately N and W of Boston. 

How far N and W of Bos? What about at a place like Medford?

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

Updated GYX maps are outimage.thumb.png.67dff1c28cbb287bf8d64caccafd2015.png

The story of this winter - doing fine here (4" above avg for YTD) but folks to my south are doing significantly better.  Expecting .2-.3" LE here and hoping for tall ratios.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Very close to my fanny.

My fanny is toast. It snows to the gulf coast of Texas, and Florida 3 separate times...but just not this year for SE MA

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Glad we don’t use your forecasts 

Lol, your always a little grouchy when Tolland is on the edge

Looks like i posted my thoughts just before box map trimmed totals in the areas i mentioned.

I do see interior R.I and over to Sharon as a spot that could do well should they have some decent rates and not Just see 33f 3/4mile snows for hrs

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Looks like i posted my thoughts just before box map trimmed totals in the areas i mentioned.

I do see interior R.I and over to Sharon as a spot that could do well should they have some decent rates and not Just see 33f 3/4mile snows for hrs

Good luck Pickles. I think my area to ORH on NW is in a prime spot. I think BOS to PVD is good for 4-6”

1 minute ago, #NoPoles said:

My fanny is toast. It shows to the gulf coast if Texas, and Florida 3 separate times...but just not this year for SE MA

I know it blows.  I have hopes for improvement at least in February and March. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

TBH, I highly doubt he has any BL issues at his elevation and latitude/longitude combo. He should be worried about dry slotting if anything.

Edit: I just realized that's exactly what you said in your original post, and I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

TBH, I highly doubt he has any BL issues at his elevation and latitude/longitude combo. He should be worried about dry slotting if anything.

I didnt see any BL Issues for him over to 128, its QPF imo. 

This "storm" will see plenty of busts

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I do not think temps will be much of an issue NW of a BOS-PVD line. Even BOS SW to interior SE MA might be ok. It is not going to be very easy to penetrate the BL torch more than about 10-15 miles inland.

Yes I agree, nice to see the NAM ers start to get it

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yes I agree, nice to see the NAM ers start to get it

What does BL warmth have to do with a dry slot?

Just now, JC-CT said:

What does BL warmth have to do with a dry slot?

Was talking about the NAM model suite thermal profile not qpf. What does  my post in response to Will have to do with dry slots

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Was talking about the NAM model suite thermal profile not qpf. What does  my post in response to Will have to do with dry slots

I thought you were referring to me. I didn't think I was that special though.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will or Scoots. Would you guys care to opine on amounts or qpf and if you think the colder /higher qpf trends se continue or not?

I'm fine with a 4-8" forecast for you. I'd like to say a smaller range, but this storm has some uncertainty into how the main precip shield develops.

Just now, JC-CT said:

I thought you were referring to me. I didn't think I was that special though.

Easy there JC, awfully touchy, lol no the NAM suite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Will or Scoots. Would you guys care to opine on amounts or qpf and if you think the colder /higher qpf trends se continue or not?

Maybe 4–7? I don’t really have a good feel, but probably in the range of highest confidence. I think warmth  just off the deck and forcing/QPF are also questionable where you are.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

All of it has everything to do with Al Bundy scoring 4 touchdowns for Polk High to win the championship against the Panthers back in 1966.

2 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

WHAT THE HELL!!  The NWS just Removed my Winter Storm Warning!!  

lol!
The weather gods giveth, and Taketh away just as easily.  Mine is gone as well. As I thought. They were too bullish this a.m.  Down to an advisory with 3" max.  Much different from the lol-able 9" max earlier.