Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential 1/17-1/18 threat

BullCityWx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious...what could be causing these increases in projected qpf numbers? That’s quite a jump (even if it does t verify...) temp profiles don’t seem to have changed that dramatically. There’s no ghost low developing off the coast. I just wonder what the computers are seeing now that they werent earlier.

10 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

Wow...SREF went from .7 to 2.3 at ODF just across the GA/SC border in Oconee County. And from .6 to around 1.8 in Athens. And just looking around other North GA plumes, similar increases of around an inch are fairly common.

yep pretty big increase. and the 0z nam continues the trend of the hrrr of being slower ending the snow too...earlier runs had the snow over by 6 or 7am for my location..now it's closer to 10am. Which is pretty important as that band might be putting snow down pretty good. 

wouldn't be shocked if ffc upgraded to a warning for parts of their cwa. 

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

Close to half a foot here and some 7 inch lollipops near Chapel Hill

There was always a saying in my hometown when it came to snow storms when I was growing up.  If we were expected to get alot, we got nothing...and if we were expected to get very little, we got alot.  Crazy how it works out that way alot of times.

Archived