Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Philly fans barely need a reason to be awful. As I recall, the old stadium used to have a police room inside to deal with all of the ass*holes.

I am a Giants fan, although with Patriots season tickets (odd, yes, I know, but it is complicated.)

You must be in a mixed marriage...when we had eagles season tickets in the 70s  there were only 7 home games and the tickets were $7 a game lol.  For that ungodly sum we got to watch Roman Gabriel and Norman Boulash.  What the hell us could we do but drink, yell and throw things?

I think having a judge in the stadium is an efficient use of gov't resources.  I'm sure you understand that stereotyping and overgeneralizing is a very human thing to do, in fact our brains do this to us.  I'm sure you also understand the limits of such thinking.

To relate this to the weather...New Englanders, particularly SNE and CNE have become spoiled like Patriot fans who don't remember the bad old days (like the weather in the 80s).  The patterns for the last 15 years have largely mirrored the Pats of the last 15 years.  I think in 10 days the pattern spoils us again, even if the Pats dissapoint.

But here is to you, just to confirm your stereotype of Iggles fans:

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I don't know about MOS specifically, but there may have been some truth to that. Nobody came in over the weekend to specifically start shutting down government services, and today we have 4 hours in the morning to officially take care of those processes. But as Steve said, it's over now so everything should be returning to normal.

26 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

You must be in a mixed marriage...when we had eagles season tickets in the 70s  there were only 7 home games and the tickets were $7 a game lol.  For that ungodly sum we got to watch Roman Gabriel and Norman Boulash.  What the hell us could we do but drink, yell and throw things?

I think having a judge in the stadium is an efficient use of gov't resources.  I'm sure you understand that stereotyping and overgeneralizing is a very human thing to do, in fact our brains do this to us.  I'm sure you also understand the limits of such thinking.

To relate this to the weather...New Englanders, particularly SNE and CNE have become spoiled like Patriot fans who don't remember the bad old days (like the weather in the 80s).  The patterns for the last 15 years have largely mirrored the Pats of the last 15 years.  I think in 10 days the pattern spoils us again, even if the Pats dissapoint.

But here is to you, just to confirm your stereotype of Iggles fans:

Bastard!!!

Just now, weathafella said:

Bastard!!!

I'm sorry Jerry, you didn't deserve that especially since you are old enough like me to remember it well.  Yesterday I wore my Wilbert Montgomery jersey, #31, in  the old Eagles green color...which is a 40 yr old jersey.  I'm sure the Giants have more good days in the future...but probably not the near future.

operational runs want their cake and eat it too.. . 

they're showing the displacing ridges and tendency to re-align the NE Pac and so forth, while getting warmer at the end of the D10...  

I suppose that could be the case initially though - now that I think about it ... sometimes when the EPO first tanks the initial height falls down stream over N/A carves through the Rockies first before the spill out...  egh... anything to keep this winter boring a few extra days haha

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

operational runs want their cake and eat it too.. . 

they're showing the displacing ridges and tendency to re-align the NE Pac and so forth, while getting warmer at the end of the D10...  

I suppose that could be the case initially though - now that I think about it ... sometimes when the EPO first tanks the initial height falls down stream over N/A carves through the Rockies first before the spill out...  egh... anything to keep this winter boring a few extra days haha

The Op Euro has tended to be pretty cutter happy in the Day 7-10 range the last 5-7 years since the initial upgrade whenever we are in a pattern where cutters can happen.  I’m guessing the whole Day 10 system and setup is probably too amped.  Probably too far out too for the EPS to be much help this winter the way things are going  

13 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Op Euro has tended to be pretty cutter happy in the Day 7-10 range the last 5-7 years since the initial upgrade whenever we are in a pattern where cutters can happen.  I’m guessing the whole Day 10 system and setup is probably too amped.  Probably too far out too for the EPS to be much help this winter the way things are going  

You're probably right ... I'm less privy to those sort of subtle bias nuances ... heh, 'was just commenting on what i'm seeing there. 

The GFS is doing something similar though fwiw.  It may be systemic more so that when there is a regime change in the extended... the path of least resistance would be a wave-spacing that plumbs the west first.  

man, that's a bizarre ridge up there.  smacks as being disproportionately high/anomalous relative to the balanced surrounding mass-fields. weird.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nope,, either way we furnace, but you hate to see the trails and slope wiped out in mid winter . Really sucks 

Enjoy the 1980s cold shot with bare ground at the end of this week....sweeping the dead leaves off your porch with Van Halen's "Jump" blaring from your truck.

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Philly fans barely need a reason to be awful. As I recall, the old stadium used to have a police room inside to deal with all of the ass*holes.

I am a Giants fan, although with Patriots season tickets (odd, yes, I know, but it is complicated.)

The Philly police has already warned the public that they may not be able to protect them if they win the SB, I'm guessing,  It probably will work the same if they lose.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Enjoy the 1980s cold shot with bare ground at the end of this week....sweeping the dead leaves off your porch with Van Halen's "Jump" blaring from your truck.

I wouldn't mind doing a little yard cleanup from the wind storm that followed the blizzard.

I saw the  original band on the 1984 Tour in Worcester and Providence!

Archived