• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

buckeyefan1

Jan 3-4th Coastal Crusher OBS

4 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

Wife at home just checked and said nothing falling yet

7 minutes ago, Poimen said:

Radar Scope app says snow reported in Concord. Any verification of that in here?

I see that Mping report....someone had to put that in there.  Wouldn't that verify it?  And I am not being a smart a$$....

2 minutes ago, wakeboardncwx said:

I see that Mping report....someone had to put that in there.  Wouldn't that verify it?  And I am not being a smart a$$....

There were a few flurries at concord mills

2 minutes ago, Poimen said:

My daughter at UNCC says nada currently. 

Yea I am about 25 miles south of UNCC/Concord and would assume we would see something first with the way the precip has moved in.  I was just out for about 15 min and I did not see anything.  I will be headed back out shortly and will update if anything falls from the sky.

Winds just switched from the NNE to NNW...

I can NOW "smell" the precip falling above us...

there is a bit of dry Air too overcome...

My Dad @ the NC/SC border is reporting Snow! (just this side of Little River in NC )

dryair.jpg

My wife is on her mail route in South Mills, NC (south of Norfolk, VA) and she has pingers and light snow mix falling. The county she delivers in (Camden) is under the Blizzard Warning.

16 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

Any reports of snow hitting the ground in Central SC/NC?

Center of town in St Matthews (Calhoun Co) is experiencing a flizzard at the moment. 

In other news......it's easily snowing 1" an hr here  :wub: 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Center of town in St Matthews (Calhoun Co) is experiencing a flizzard at the moment. 

I can confirm the flizzard in St Matthews haha.  30/9 and light snow as of 2PM

3 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

theres always "something" in this area.  Too warm, too far west, too far east, too dry.  Never all comes together

Ain’t over yet. It’s kinda frowned upon to say bust before it unfolds.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lj0109 said:

I can confirm the flizzard in St Matthews haha.  30/9 and light snow as of 2PM

:lol:  The video she sent showed it coming down pretty good. Hope you guys get a a couple inches! :hug: 

Just now, Queencitywx said:

Ain’t over yet. It’s kinda frowned upon to say bust before it unfolds.

i said "this area", as in, my area.  Been years since i've even seen an inch on the ground.  I'd take a dusting at this point.

1 minute ago, JoshWeather said:

i said "this area", as in, my area.  Been years since i've even seen an inch on the ground.  I'd take a dusting at this point.

See 1/25/2000 ;)

Just now, JoshWeather said:

lol, i've got about an hour or so left of precipitation even being above my house and the dew point is at 0.  Ain't happenin

Dude. Check out the etiquette post. We don’t call bust.

2 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Dude. Check out the etiquette post. We don’t call bust.

dude. have i said anything about the storm being a bust?  This is an observation thread.  I'm observing that no snow is going to fall IMBY.  Get a grip

12 minutes ago, JoshWeather said:

lol, i've got about an hour or so left of precipitation even being above my house and the dew point is at 0.  Ain't happenin

It's just unfolding. There's still a few hours to go. Deep breaths. If you'd checked the soundings, you would see that KEQY is right on target for what the NAM predicted and the snow doesnt fall there for another few hours.

• Like 2