Newest Member
    joxey
January 2018 Model Discussion Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Pretty much exactly my call in the other thread. Looks good to me. Cape cod special. I don’t think  anyone in this sub forum should be disappointed with that type of result considering a clean whiff is still possible

If that verifies NYC probably goes to at least -5 if not lower Saturday 

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Pretty much exactly my call in the other thread. Looks good to me. Cape cod special. I don’t think  anyone in this sub forum should be disappointed with that type of result considering a clean whiff is still possible

I would take it. Such an extremely deep storm could pull in some of the coldest air our region has seen in years.

A few inches is still a nice event for the area. Not throwing anything in yet but we need some real west movement by tomorrow afternoon IMO. At least even the GFS still has something for most of us, enough to probably add up to a few inches. But yeah, Cape Cod, Maine and probably Boston is going to get wrecked. 

4 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

I would take it. Such an extremely deep storm could pull in some of the coldest air our region has seen in years.

record breaking potential if there is a decent snow cover - right now we have only a dusting left on the ground in Central NJ

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

00z GFS is out to sea.

The lead vort pulls everything East. It’s been the same story for days. While other areas have improved, the pesky lead vort doesn’t phase in until the system is gone, and it pulls the baroclinc zone East with it.

GFS is lost at sea literally...………..it always has trouble with east coast systems and this one is about as east coast as you can get...…...

Archived