Newest Member
    joxey
Pre New Years Clipper/Re-developer

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

The RGEM has caved to the other guidance, as we expected. 

1-2" south coast/Cape, SRI

Yeah looks pretty awful away from the south coast. This looks like those clippers from mid December...maybe an inch or two (lucky 3 spots maybe for someone?) on the south coast and adjacent areas with little to nothing for most of the rest of SNE. Too bad, because this one had some potential.

We've had some pretty cruddy luck with clippers recently...they all seem to flame out.

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah looks pretty awful away from the south coast. This looks like those clippers from mid December...maybe an inch or two (lucky 3 spots maybe for someone?) on the south coast and adjacent areas with little to nothing for most of the rest of SNE. Too bad, because this one had some potential.

We've had some pretty cruddy luck with clippers recently...they all seem to flame out.

I know, seems that way recently. 

I did notice (I think) that the RGEM tries to finger up an INV Trough into SE Mass. Is that something we should be keeping an eye on to achieve any higher accumulations? I'm not sure how legit that is though. 

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I know, seems that way recently. 

I did notice (I think) that the RGEM tries to finger up an INV Trough into SE Mass. Is that something we should be keeping an eye on to achieve any higher accumulations? I'm not sure how legit that is though. 

Yes, I would keep an eye on that...the 5H height falls are pretty good and the upper divergence is decent there for a time, so won't surprise me to see the IVT feature at the sfc trying to hang back precip over SE MA.

10 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

So im guessing that the NWS call for 1-3" here in Enfield is overdone?

Gotta be careful with those ranges. It looks like BOX has the BDL area right around 1.5" which of course is a trigger point for products.

I know the zones (ZFP) will spit out "around one inch" for 1.4" forecasts, but at 1.5" it becomes "1 to 3 inches." (P&C probably works the same way)

Of course, even 1.5" might be stretching it. :lmao:

Very modest improvement from 00z...I thought it would be better than that early on but it kind of flattened 5H a bit around 30-36 hours despite it digging more at 24h...that early improvement though was able to bump the low a little more north or make it more robust. Still a pretty weak solution though.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah the H7 RH field is better too at hr 36. But certainly better for the PVD-PYM on south line.

Immediate south coast may get a few inches on that run. We prob need one more bump at our latitude to get anything more than a coating or a few tenths. Not impossible though...still have another model cycle to try and tick it north.

Archived