joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long lasting intense Cold for New England

wxeyeNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noted sea smoke approaching BOS from out over the ocean last night.  My wife at the window roused me and asked about the “clouds”.   I exclaimed loud enough for my fellow passengers sitting nearby to hear that it is Arctic Sea Smoke!   

12/-2 imby for high and low today.   When it hit 0 my wife and I went outdoors to experience it without coats around 2AM.  I married the right woman!  Lost close to 80F from RSW to BOS last night.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I noted sea smoke approaching BOS from out over the ocean last night.  My wife at the window roused me and asked about the “clouds”.   I exclaimed loud enough for my fellow passengers sitting nearby to hear that it is Arctic Sea Smoke!   

12/-2 imby for high and low today.   When it hit 0 my wife and I went outdoors to experience it without coats around 2AM.  I married the right woman!  Lost close to 80F from RSW to BOS last night.

I had the experience this am of the cold when it was -18°F and your nostrils freeze outside, Man stuff!

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

I had the experience this am of the cold when it was -18°F and your nostrils freeze outside, Man stuff!

Yup...ditto that here this morning. Double digits below is when the snots start freezing quickly.

And that ob is really nbd for MWN. -30s and over 70kt is when it starts getting cold for them.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yup...ditto that here this morning. Double digits below is when the snots start freezing quickly.

And that ob is really nbd for MWN. -30s and over 70kt is when it starts getting cold for them.

You don't even have to look at the temp and you know its dbbl digits below when you experience it.

46 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You don't even have to look at the temp and you know its dbbl digits below when you experience it.

I was loading my son’s new sled onto my open trailer this morning around 8:30 while it was still -15 or so. That sucked. All the small bits to tilt and lock down are hard to handle with gloves on. I need to get a better trailer. 

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I was loading my son’s new sled onto my open trailer this morning around 8:30 while it was still -15 or so. That sucked. All the small bits to tilt and lock down are hard to handle with gloves on. I need to get a better trailer. 

Yeah like an inline, Open the front and the back, Drive off drive on, Then close the doors.........lol

Archived