Newest Member
    joxey
12/15 -16 /17 Sneaky Coastal

MJO812

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The hi res models seem to show a tighter cutoff rather than a shift SE. They’re not bad for everyone. The new 3k NAM has spots of 0.25” liquid on Long Island. For everyone else, it’s time to watch radar and see what happens. 

Could have a 4" lolli somewhere on the south shore (might be us!)

19 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

I tend to agree.  

Despite this, most of the general public doesn't even know what a WWA is or who issues one.

And they modified the system to make it more simple for them- so no more Lake Effect Warnings?

When we know there are major differences between synoptic events and Lake Effect (specifically the banding regions, consistency of the snow and the liquid ratios).

I’m in Vermont snow boarding so I’m hoping this one misses the city as I’ll miss snow removal money. Of course I want snow at home though to up the seasonal total

I think the radar looks positive. I like that precip is already north of where the short range models are initiating 

I will say though, do to the short duration your going to have to rip for an hour or two if you want anything more then a coating

2 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I’m in Vermont snow boarding so I’m hoping this one misses the city as I’ll miss snow removal money. Of course I want snow at home though to up the seasonal total

I think the radar looks positive. I like that precip is already north of where the short range models are initiating 

I will say though, do to the short duration your going to have to rip for an hour or two if you want anything more then a coating

Why didn't you wait to go until tomorrow :P  I agree though I hate it when it snows and I'm not here.

One particular time (back in the 90s) no clue what happened, but PA and NJ and the city were completely snowless and I came home to Long Island and there was like 2-3 inches of packed snow here!

12 minutes ago, Paragon said:

And they modified the system to make it more simple for them- so no more Lake Effect Warnings?

When we know there are major differences between synoptic events and Lake Effect (specifically the banding regions, consistency of the snow and the liquid ratios).

There are lake effect warnings as I type.

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Overperformers for us have been very few and far between as we know all too well. Let’s see what happens with the snow shield over the next few hours and hopefully a nice band can set up for a while.

Don’t know if it’s onto something but the new HRRR run is basically showing the precip shield on the northern side drying out and collapsing south and SE. Adjacent subsidence from the frontogenic band developing over central and southern NJ? The QPF is now well under .10 on the northern side of the shield north of that band, it’s cut back a lot 

49 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Don’t know if it’s onto something but the new HRRR run is basically showing the precip shield on the northern side drying out and collapsing south and SE. Adjacent subsidence from the frontogenic band developing over central and southern NJ? The QPF is now well under .10 on the northern side of the shield north of that band, it’s cut back a lot 

I guess we’ll just have to see what happens. Hopefully most of us pull something off at least. It’ll be better than the zero we were expecting 24 hours ago. 

Archived