• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Back when you first started posting on weather boards...

North Balti Zen

Looking back on it, what's the most weenie thing you can recall posting when you were trying to sound like you knew **** when you didn't know **** at all.

For my part, and I am glad Eastern isn't findable really and whatever name I was posting as at accuweather forums is likely lost before I found Eastern, and pretending my early years here were an improvement (when they probably weren't), here's what I cringe at from my own personal memory hole:

"The teleconnections are not favorable" (or something along those lines)

I am sure I typed that ish a time or ten. I am embarrassed for myself even now.

This game is probably more fun for non-mets, but perhaps the mets remember a time before their degree...

Anyone else?

Or it could be I am the only one who ever typed dumb stuff. Quite possible.

I almost typed "the reds and blues are in the wrong places" in the long range thread earlier to be funny, but I have no idea if they are, and then I remembered that bobC had recently typed that, and he does know that, so didn't want it to look like I was making fun of him. The long range discussions some of you all can do with maps and what not remains Sanskrit to me.

To be clear, my first post on weather boards probably wasn't  "the teleconnections are not favorable" - I just remember typing that at one point early after reading a bit, probably to sound like I knew what I was talking about.

That's more what I am hoping to open up in this thread as we kill time waiting for actual cold weather - not your actual first posts but if you typed dumb stuff trying to sound smart before you realized how dumb what you typed was.

Like I said, may just be me telling on myself...

38 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Looking back on it, what's the most weenie thing you can recall posting when you were trying to sound like you knew **** when you didn't know **** at all.

For my part, and I am glad Eastern isn't findable really and whatever name I was posting as at accuweather forums is likely lost before I found Eastern, and pretending my early years here were an improvement (when they probably weren't), here's what I cringe at from my own personal memory hole:

"The teleconnections are not favorable" (or something along those lines)

I am sure I typed that ish a time or ten. I am embarrassed for myself even now.

This game is probably more fun for non-mets, but perhaps the mets remember a time before their degree...

Anyone else?

I think mine was two years ago when I said there was no way a low pressure was going to ride the apps even though the models were saying it.  Guess what it did?  Rode the apps all the way up.

Still can't believe it did it.  

Joined my first weather board back in '07 when I was 10 (yes, ten...I don't know what I was thinking)

Sometimes it's better to delete an old and create a new account lol but I do remember following h850 0c line like it was gospel and trying to argue about it with people that were 3-4 times my age.

Archived