Newest Member
    Dano62
October Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculously nice first morning of October. Mid 30s for the low and patches of frost on the cars this morning.  My yard sits a little higher than surrounding spots, so no noticeable frost on the grass, but I'm sure lower points in the neighborhood had some.  Great night on the patio beside the firepit and under that bright half-moon.  

Just went to take the dog for a walk and it was still steamy outside.  Halfway through the walk it felt like mist from a sprinkler was hitting me, then the wind picked up and it got cooler.  It was not a sprinkler but actual rain falling from the sky.  It has to be the first time the street has been wet in close to a month.

Picked a good weekend to get out of this ****-bath... I mean steam bath.  Near 90F in October.  What bull****.

Warm in Davis, but upper 70s is downright fall-like compared to this ****fest we have had.  Outside the sun it is comfortable.  Leaves are gorgeous.  Hiked Black Water Falls, Lindy Point, and around the lake recreation area today.   Kids had a great time and I found a great little coffee shop here with the absolute best pumpkin spice latte I have ever had.  Stopped by Stumptown Ales and wet my whistle last night.  Great spot, and that Breakfast Stout was worth the trip.  

6 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Kids had a great time and I found a great little coffee shop here with the absolute best pumpkin spice latte I have ever had.  Stopped by Stumptown Ales and wet my whistle last night.  Great spot, and that Breakfast Stout was worth the trip.  

Is that the coffee shop in Thomas? I think it's named Tip Top?

On topic, it's raining! Just some brief showers so far but rain nonetheless.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is that the coffee shop in Thomas? I think it's named Tip Top?

On topic, it's raining! Just some brief showers so far but rain nonetheless.

No, it's in Davis, just down the street from Stumptown Ales.  Its called Trailhead Coffee Shop.  I think they opened in August, so very new.  It's definite worthy of checking out if you're in the area.

Yep, firs drops of rain I have seen in at least 1 month.  Rained pretty hard for brief time this morning.  .12" so far; hopefully, a lot more to come.

35 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

No, it's in Davis, just down the street from Stumptown Ales.  Its called Trailhead Coffee Shop.  I think they opened in August, so very new.  It's definite worthy of checking out if you're in the area.

Yep, firs drops of rain I have seen in at least 1 month.  Rained pretty hard for brief time this morning.  .12" so far; hopefully, a lot more to come.

You should do pretty well with this event, 2-4 inches of rain.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived