• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Banter Thread

Rjay

I was just looking at some photos of what Wilma did in the greater Miami area to all the glass skyscrapers.

I can't think of what they would look like after today's 12z Euro's RFQ hit would do to them.  Would they all end up looking like St. John's Medical Center in Joplin after the tornado?

All that glass flying around too.  Almost unimaginable...

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big THANK YOU to the mods and admins for working the main Irma analysis thread. I know they are deleting a lot of posts.

Many still get  though. Maybe some of those posters will come over here and post instead, we can keep the main thread for more scientific posts.

A reminder for those posters about land fall. Eye wall on shore is not a land fall. Its bad of course, but the center of the eye has to cross the shoreline by definition for it to be a land fall. This includes CUBA :mellow:

1 hour ago, Windspeed said:

Windspeed quoted this:

"The biggest danger would be if Jose overtakes Irma and the two combine into one big hurricane. It would likely be around a Category 8. Not 10 as both storms would lose some efficiency."

I'm glad it wouldn't be a cat 10. Those are terrible. I was in one several years back and forgot to let my cat in.  It wasn't pretty.

standard.jpg

2 hours ago, bobbutts said:

Some amazing winds, but I highly doubt it is from Barbuda yesterday.  

696,627 shares  22M Views

fake weather news is big business.. (someone please correct me if that's legit video from Barbuda yesterday)

https://www.facebook.com/hmoyaduran/videos/1859485954092011/

I fell for that yesterday.  Tornado in Antigua 2016

Folks in SE FL need to be confident  they are in a safe location or just get out for a few days.   It really is as simple as that.   If the worst of this is just east of the Florida coast like Matthew then of coarse you will inevitably get the "see I told you so, what was all the hype about"  crowd but the reality is a 50 mile shift West and it could be absolutely devastating for many neighborhoods in Miami.  

I find it so interesting that both the general public and the weather weenie crowd have a post storm tendency to be disappointed in outcomes unless they are extreme.   I am still following what happened in Texas and it was pretty extreme yet I have so many friends that really forgot about it after the first day or two.  

Folks in SE FL need to be confident  they are in a safe location or just get out for a few days.   It really is as simple as that.   If the worst of this is just east of the Florida coast like Matthew then of coarse you will inevitably get the "see I told you so, what was all the hype about"  crowd but the reality is a 50 mile shift West and it could be absolutely devastating for many neighborhoods in Miami.  

I find it so interesting that both the general public and the weather weenie crowd have a post storm tendency to be disappointed in outcomes unless they are extreme.   I am still following what happened in Texas and it was pretty extreme yet I have so many friends that really forgot about it after the first day or two.  

What about Texas?

I heard they have good burgers.

Archived