Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

39 for the low. First time in the 30s. Not bad with a N wind partially off the water. Should do better tonight.

51 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Yeah same here. The life on the coast

ditto 39 here

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah.  No way we were hitting teens with thick cloud deck.

But this is only a precursor.  I think Friday we can be teens with clouds and wind.

I haven't looked at anything, but it is brighter to the NW. Radiators mount up tonight. Friday should be a real nice day. :lol:

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah.  No way we were hitting teens with thick cloud deck.  Still, it's a shock to the system to walk outside right now.

But this is only a precursor.  I think Friday we can be teens with clouds and wind.

you aren't kidding about this being a shock to the system. i mean, it is only like 37 here and it feels like it is -37. Friday/Saturday is going to be downright freezing, even down here. i love the cold, but i have too much outside stuff to do this weekend for it to be this cold. too soon!

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Did you guys clear? Still cloudy add windy here.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah.  No way we were hitting teens with thick cloud deck.  Still, it's a shock to the system to walk outside right now.

Thick freezing fog when I left my house at 7:00.  Heavy rime on the trees.  When I got up to Exit 6 on I-89 it was clear and sunny.

I'll add that the only time CON has ever recorded single digits on record before 11/11 was with a cold shot in 1879 (1F on 5th, 9F on 6th). IF that cold shot never happened you'd have to go to 11/16 to find your first min 3F or lower. So I guess they have a very low, but nonzero, chance of scoring a coldest for so early in the season...if the radiating is maximized and overperforms.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

21 at BOS with single digits in burbs on MEX. I'll take the over especially at BOS. 

I think I'll take the over almost everywhere. That high doesn't crest over us until late Saturday. The pits like SLK, BML, and HIE will probably decouple.

Archived