• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm I (general banter)

WeatherNC

I live a mile from Bells Fork which is were 43 leaves Gville at. But yeah be cool to do lunch one time when you are swinging through.....how do you cut through town?

still looking for the fastest way through g'ville. i hate us-70 near goldsboro-.> clayton and the 17/43/264 way is only 15 minutes slower. 795 is the same distance but i like 17/43.

160 miles via70

192 via greenville

184 via 795

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still looking for the fastest way through g'ville. i hate us-70 near goldsboro-.> clayton and the 17/43/264 way is only 10 minutes slower. 795 is the same distance but i like 17/43.

160 miles via70

192 via greenville

184 via 795

Yeah no bypass all the way around Gville sucks.....lots of traffic in town especially right now. I will PM you later with some ideas how to get through Gville best way is 33 east to portertown then portertown to firetower which runs into 43 at Bells Fork. Less traffic and lights that way.

Don't forget me for this event, since I'm staying with my folks in Greenville, SC for Christmas. Perhaps I should update my current location arrowheadsmiley.png

I haven't Phil! I asked you earlier if you were staying for Christmas on the other thread but it got lost or deleted. You are our EYES AND EARS in the upstate for this one. Really appreciate your disco too!:thumbsup:

got a question about precip rates, I know ive heard in the past that areas just north of the rain/snow line can and in some cases will have higher precip rates. I assume the dynamics of this boundry causes more lift or something? im I off on this? this thread seems more free flowing so I thought I'd propose the question here

I am pretty sure I have heard TV meteorologist Greg Fishel (WRAL, Raleigh) say that the zone immediately on the cold side of the rain/snow line very often does see the heaviest snow accumulations. Which is one reason I am happy to be in Fountain, NC for this event. Knock on wood.

I am pretty sure I have heard TV meteorologist Greg Fishel (WRAL, Raleigh) say that the zone immediately on the cold side of the rain/snow line very often does see the heaviest snow accumulations. Which is one reason I am happy to be in Fountain, NC for this event. Knock on wood.

I think I heard Joe Bastardi say once that you want to hear the sleet but not be in it, meaning the area closest to the snow/sleet line (or rain/snow line) is most likely to get the most snow. Of course, this isn't always true, though, and being near the rain/snow line, you risk getting screwed with a slight shift westward.

I think I heard Joe Bastardi say once that you want to hear the sleet but not be in it, meaning the area closest to the snow/sleet line (or rain/snow line) is most likely to get the most snow. Of course, this isn't always true, though, and being near the rain/snow line, you risk getting screwed with a slight shift westward.

agreed, but if you manage to end up in that spot you stand to get crammed!

Given the high dynamics of this system, I suspect that we could see some unusual and erratic model runs. And this is the first run of the NAM that is using the inland sampled data right. It could be I hiccup I suppose. Certainly we will see in time. Makes the 1am Euro run a little more interesting to see if it holds eh?

kind of excited and worried for this one. i want to be here for it, but i fly out through charlotte late saturday night. i'm hoping that i can reschedule for late sunday, but they may try to get us out in time before the heavy stuff starts (if the slower solutions verify). plus, traveling the day after christmas is just a disaster even without the weather being bad. i have no idea where i'll get to or what will happen christmas night, but i'm wishing the best of luck to everyone here in southeast regardless of what happens.

Archived