• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Storm I (general banter)

WeatherNC

I'm riding the Euro train right now with a side of Canadian and Ukie..unless we see some drastic changes in the next 24hrs I'd say WE are in for a significant snow here and to GSP.

I'm prepared to hunker and hope over these last few years of baby snows Blue Ridge and Duke have cut back enough trees!:guitar:

We will prob see a watch by late tomorrow if things continue as they have.

I'm in brother. I just wish I had gone ahead and picked up that generator last month..,,,,,of course that would have been the kiss of death.....:sun:

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening everyone! I posted in the other thread, but it got deleted twice. I guess that's what I get for cluttering up these threads all day long with meaningless one liners. Anyway, I'm glad to see the Euro hold serve and the GFS come around, so to speak. If similar solutions are still being cranked out by the 12Zs tomorrow, we'll likely see WSWatches flying across the region.

Enjoy these times, folks. They may never come again in our lifetimes! :snowman: :snowman:

Technical Update: Experiencing power fluctuations in show shield generator coils. Power couplings destabilizing.

I'm in brother. I just wish I had gone ahead and picked up that generator last month..,,,,,of course that would have been the kiss of death.....:sun:

Maybe Santa bring you one!!:snowman: I'm kind of lucky here, only live 1.5 miles from our county DOT and 3 miles from our power company hub. If we lose power it's usually very brief and my road gets scraped first!

Good evening everyone! I posted in the other thread, but it got deleted twice. I guess that's what I get for cluttering up these threads all day long with meaningless one liners. Anyway, I'm glad to see the Euro hold serve and the GFS come around, so to speak. If similar solutions are still being cranked out by the 12Zs tomorrow, we'll likely see WSWatches flying across the region.

Enjoy these times, folks. They may never come again in our lifetimes! :snowman: :snowman:

Technical Update: Experiencing power fluctuations in show shield generator coils. Power couplings destabilizing.

You started all these threads!! Right now you are the man! Doubt you got deleted probably lost in server overload as their upgrade wasn't enough to handle a SE snowstorm! It's been real slow for me today.

I agree a once in a lifetime event for most all of us especially in SC and GA. You being in Raleigh you got alot better odds.

Up at gaston college? About 4 miles or so.

Yea...not too far by way of the crow fly rule then. I'm thinking you and Robert will get buried and hopefully points west (me) of 85 as that lee side trough developes. Seen it in several spring and summer storms this year where we got pounded with precip while the storm was pulling up the coast. My county has nearly doubled GSP this year in rain...i'm starting a spreadsheet to keep up with actual numbers this year for here compared to the GSP airport.

You started all these threads!! Right now you are the man! Doubt you got deleted probably lost in server overload as their upgrade wasn't enough to handle a SE snowstorm! It's been real slow for me today.

I agree a once in a lifetime event for most all of us especially in SC and GA. You being in Raleigh you got alot better odds.

Yeah, you're probably right. It's been slow for me this evening too. I'll tell you something else that was slow. My production at work today! Haha! I doubt it'll improve much tomorrow either.

Anyway, this is a lot of fun. It's been cool to track this for so long now. We just need to bring 'er down the stretch.

Thanks, and does graduating from Florida State count? I know it's a tropical school and love tracking the tropics, but being here in Columbus, I'm not used to this snow stuff. I have seen flurries TWICE and saw sleet for the first time ever last Wednesday... Not used to this cold at all! :)

Now that is funny :) If this pans out you will be getting a real field education, lol. With any luck we'll get some heavy sleet before the snow kicks in. Fun times. Hope you have a sled, or access to one. Tony

Looking foward to the shields being borught down man.

Really? NCDOT wants off for Christmas.

85 has already been brined here. Should be mighty tasty by christmas day.

Tell you what......I've lived in Greenville since '89, and I swear Greenville, Oconee and Pickens counties have been on the wrong end of winter wether for far TOO LONG. Hopefully we can reverse things with this one.

Don't forget me for this event, since I'm staying with my folks in Greenville, SC for Christmas. Perhaps I should update my current location arrowheadsmiley.png

got a question about precip rates, I know ive heard in the past that areas just north of the rain/snow line can and in some cases will have higher precip rates. I assume the dynamics of this boundry causes more lift or something? im I off on this? this thread seems more free flowing so I thought I'd propose the question here

Phil.....hopefully you can bring some of the asheville winter mojo to the upstate.......:thumbsup:

haha I'll see what I can do! The event 1.5 weeks ago was really special and if we get the same amount here at Greenville, SC that we got from that event up in Asheville, I'll be really happy for Christmas. Of course its easy to get greedy and be jealous of what the folks further east might be dealing with, but any snow on Christmas is special indeed.

Archived