Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Christmas Storm I (general banter)

WeatherNC

:snowman:

Thank you. Jeremy, wow, and me discussed this yesterday (jeremy's idea) and it sounded like a good idea. It seems to already be paying off with a lack of this type of stuff flooding the primary discussion thread.

So there is no reason now for anyone to flood the other thread with anything other than valid and on topic discussion. Try to keep the "my local met says" in this thread too because every time it's ever discussed, people eventually will run off topic with it in the other thread so it's best to leave it here.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. Jeremy, wow, and me discussed this yesterday (jeremy's idea) and it sounded like a good idea. It seems to already be paying off with a lack of this type of stuff flooding the primary discussion thread.

it was a great idea :weight_lift: we can let the pro mets and forecasters to do their thing in the other thread :scooter:

Wow, I just read the discussion from last night's Euro. We're talking Jan 2000 numbers here if it verifies. Makes you wonder when the local TV mets are going to start banging the drums. I saw someone posted last night on the WRAL 11:00 news that Mike maze was saying if we get snow here, it would not be much. He must not be looking at the Euro. Today and tomorrow are really the only days for people to go out and get supplies, because they aren't going out Christmas Eve and Christmas.

I honestly cannot believe the demise of The Weather Channel. I turned it on at 840am and they have had 22 commercials, with 2 minute bits, talk too fast, NBC has ruined a once great channel to watch, it is a fooking mess. I miss the channel of yesteryear, :gun_bandana::gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Kinda like MTV

Can someone catch me up on what the models showed overnight? Is it still the GFS vs everyone else? I guess the Euro is still showing a big storm for my area.

By the way, I think it's silly we have to have a separate thread for this. Some folks take it way too seriously on here.

Brick, if we didn't have this thread, you would get banned. Be happy they gave you your own little part of the universe. :thumbsup::snowman:

The Euro was channeling Kid Rock on the last run...

Cause chaos, Rock like Amedeus!

Got Northeast snowfall for my Southeast Playahs!

Snowin' for Christmas, coming down thick,

If JB don't like it, he can (Internet edit)

I'm dumping this load with a great commotion

And keep on snowing 'till it falls in the ocean.

All these commentaries on the model runs as they come out.... well, last night's Euro about gave me a heart attack.

Agreed. Man when that low forms in the gom and begins to deepen, only to move across the Fla panhandle to take a position just offshore GA/SC and bomb out big time as its moving up to about Hatteras. Thats a classic near idea setup for central NC. WOW! :arrowhead::snowman:

ecmwf_500p_5d.gif

Yeah, I am worried now about the Euro being the lonewolf because everyone on the main thread is starting to worry about it.

And you're probably right about this thread.

You shouldn't be worried about the mood of thread itself, you should be worried about what is actually being depicted!

Yeah.... I liked it better when the chatter was kept to a minimum.

This is from RAH's 3:00 am discussion. Sounds ok to me. I think we get some snow here no matter what. Just a question of how much.

WITH THE TREND TOWARDS THE SLOWER TIMING...MOST OF THE PRECIP IS NOT

EXPECTED UNTIL LATE CHRISTMAS DAY/NIGHT NOW...BUT WILL LEAVE A

SLIGHT CHANCE IN FOR THE NORTHWEST FRIDAY NIGHT AND INTO SATURDAY

DUE TO THE TIMING UNCERTAINTIES. WILL THEN GRADUALLY TREND POPS OUT

OF THE REGION DURING THE DAY ON SUNDAY...ALTHOUGH POPS MAY NEED TO

BE HELD IN LONGER IF THE ECMWF VERIFIES. ADDITIONALLY THE SLOWER

TIMING NOW FAVORS PREDOMINATELY SNOW ACROSS ALL OF CENTRAL NC...WITH

THE GREATEST FORECAST CHALLENGE NOW BEING SNOW ACCUMULATIONS. THIS

WILL HAVE TO MONITORED CLOSELY OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AS THIS

HAS THE POTENTIAL OF BECOMING A SIGNIFICANT SNOW EVENT IF MODELS

CONTINUE TO TREND AS THEY HAVE.

I love how predictable it/we all is/are.....who here didnt know that at some point model runs would have issues that cause mass panic and worry? We all cant get a blizzard outta this, this is of course assuming someone somewhere does before its all said and done. Heck just be happy we have had the month we have had, I mean who here really thought we would be 4 pages into a mega thread over a potentiel Xmas big dog in the SE several months ago. I suggest everyone enjoy the ride its gonna do what it is gonna do and some folks are gonna get upset and some folks surprised before its all said and done.

Archived