Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

1 minute ago, H2O said:

The posts were far better, that's for sure.  It's almost impossible to weed out all the posts that don't belong.  So many times i wish people would stop and think before posting.  That would cut down on a lot of it.

Sorry that thread isn't as ideal as a few of us would like it.  We are trying.

I know you are. I am sure you have much better things to do. No apology needed. Much appreciated.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

1 hour ago, cae said:

It's better when these storms sneak up on us.  That way we aren't all sleep-deprived from staying up for the Euro all week.  I think we should call the period between the 12z EPS and the 18z NAM  GFS "nap time". 

FYP :D

Good point, especially at this range.  But closer to the event, I might wake up for the NAM. 

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Disagree. That tamps down on good conversation. There are people who may not have the knowledge level of a Bob or red tagger, but are able to meaningfully contribute. 

That's what happens every winter. Most of these people are AWOL 3/4 of the year. 

Another word for "good conversation" is "banter"

Snippet from Mount Holly AFD. Suffice it to say they are keeping the forecast pretty general for now, although watches have been hoisted just to my north..

Low pressure develops off the Southeast U.S. coast Monday evening, and then tracks north as a deep upper trough digs east from the Great Lakes. 12Z ECMWF is the farthest east track, the 12Z NAM is the closest west track, and the 12Z GFS splits the 2. The NAM would have snow initially, changing to moderate to heavy rain for most of the CWA. ECMWF would have a great deal of snow, but the axis would be focused farther east, with low amounts across the Poconos, Lehigh Valley, and SE PA. The GFS has the axis of heavy snow over much of PA, with less amounts across NJ/Delmarva. Regardless, during the Monday night through Tuesday evening timeframe, the potential does exist for Winter Storm Warning criteria level snowfall..

The GFS has already come in different with its initialization no less. The southern shortwave is about 6 hours quicker.

EDit: Pardon I meant to say what becomes our southern shortwave off of the NW coast.

Double edit: Weatherbell was throwing the 06Z run in for the the prior run comparison. So scratch all this  and now i will bow my head in shame for a few moments.

38 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I think what bothers me the most is that we have so many now showing up who were basically AWOL for most of the winter.

Some of us even stick around through the summer.

What we need is a firewall - the biggest, best wall that anyone has ever built - to keep these people out.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

18z gfs is looking a little better early in the temp dept. HP pusing on top of the NS vort is stronger. Little boost to the midlevels by hr24. And I'm not joking. 

Subtle but yes. Have to see if it ultimately has an impact on the outcome.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived