Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

If I wasn't meeting my family for dinner tonight, I'd be drunk by now. 

Wait a minute. I'm meeting my family tonight.

BRB. Whiskey beckons.

I was out on a boat for work this morning.  It was in the 20s with wind.  Yeah.

I now have to wait as my son has basketball game at 4:30

Having to go this long without the warm, loving embrace of booze is the worst 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I could never train my palate to like gin.

Me neither. That juniper flavor is best left on the berry away from anything I eat and drink. I had a stint with vodka martinis brined up with olive juice like a mofo. The only problem with them was they had the potato chip effect on my palate.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Me neither. That juniper flavor is best left on the berry away from anything I eat and drink. I had a stint with vodka martinis brined up with olive juice like a mofo. The only problem with them was they had the potato chip effect on my palate.

Yeah even a vodka martini doesn't do it for me. Once in a while. Thus why I drink vodka tonic. Plus its easy af.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

You work on a boat? That's crazy cool.

It was a special thing.  Once a year deal where I get sent to monitor the installation of equipment that crew rowing boats use.  Race course stuff.  My work has stuff in place that we don't want torn up when they drop anchors.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm not the biggest fan of gin either, though a good gin is more palatable.  A friend once told me that if he wanted to drink gin, he'd just go out and chew on a pine tree...that about sums it up in my opinion!  I've pretty much only ever have vodka with martinis, and I do like a certain amount of olive juice in there (but not too much).

And then there is the Manhattan...good stuff!  Maker's Mark, please!

1 minute ago, H2O said:

It was a special thing.  Once a year deal where I get sent to monitor the installation of equipment that crew rowing boats use.  Race course stuff.  My work has stuff in place that we don't want torn up when they drop anchors.

Nice. I don't care what kind of day it is, being on the water is the best. You probably got a little sun and wind burn today, I'll bet. 

Ill pick a weekend in April to drag my little homemade skiff out of hibernation and get it ready for crabbing season.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Nice. I don't care what kind of day it is, being on the water is the best. You probably got a little sun and wind burn today, I'll bet. 

Ill pick a weekend in April to drag my little homemade skiff out of hibernation and get it ready for crabbing season.

I usually agree but it was a bit of a pain today.  I almost wasn't able to get the plug in due to the snow/rain from yesterday that didn't drain bering solid ice.  

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

I usually agree but it was a bit of a pain today.  I almost wasn't able to get the plug in due to the snow/rain from yesterday that didn't drain bering solid ice.  

I trailer my boat and more than once I've slid it off the trailer and parked my truck only to realize that I forgot to put the plug in. Fortunately it's made of wood and is pretty buoyant. It's pretty funny though to see how fast I can re-trailer it!

22 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I used to hate gin, but now prefer it over vodka, especially in martinis.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived