Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

I wondered how that works with the watches or warnings.  My county is 44 miles NW to SE.  The difference in snowfall can be significant. Do they take the highest expected snow fall in one particular area or the average? 

Maybe the average? I know in AA county it's a huge difference in the north and central portion compared to the southern portion. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recent model output is reinforcing my thinking that I will see some snow at the onset, then sleet, then a period of plain rain along with above freezing surface temps, then back to sleet then back to all snow.

I now believe that i could total anywhere from 1 inch, to perhaps three inches of snow. MUCH of the model output precip for Dale City VA WILL BE SLEET and also a period of steady plain rain.

Still, I stand to double my seasonal snow totals for the Winter of 2016/2017.

Eastern Prince William County needs to have a Winter Weather ADVISORY. NO WAY I get 6 inches of snow. No way.

Recent model output is reinforcing my thinking that I will see some snow at the onset, then sleet, then a period of plain rain along with above freezing surface temps, then back to sleet then back to all snow.

I now believe that i could total anywhere from 1 inch, to perhaps three inches of snow. MUCH of the model output precip for Dale City VA WILL BE SLEET and also a period of steady plain rain.

Still, I stand to double my seasonal snow totals for the Winter of 2016/2017.

Eastern Prince William County needs to have a Winter Weather ADVISORY. NO WAY I get 6 inches of snow. No way.

But you will stay awake to watch every sleet pellet, snow flake, and rain drop fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

But you will stay awake to watch every sleet pellet, snow flake, and rain drop fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That, I WILL. And I will be sure to shovel every last flake of snow, and dump them all in a place in my yard north of any structure which blocks the sun.

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Is it just me, or is it not that many people from Baltimore that comment on this forum? Lol

I'm here. Not much to say. We're riding a line. Not sure what part of city you are in. I have about 364 feet of elevation at my part off of 83 near northern parkway. I don't think I am far enough north or have enough elevation to feel great about things, but still hold onto a shred of hope. 

Even though I might end up eating a lot of rain and or sleet, I am really elated that folks such as WxTrix and others out west will see plenty of snow. Regardless of the outcome IMBY, I'll be cheering em on! I hope Westminster gets training thundersnows and 32 inches of snow! And wind gusts to 35 mph.

Just be sure you all take plenty of jebwalks. And you better take pics --- Or, it never happened. lol

Winter is NOT finished with us yet. WE WILL SEE MORE SNOW IN MARCH THIS YEAR.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'm at the acceptance stage now, Bob Chill, Katie and WinterWxlvr are going to be ripping fat dendrites while I'm reporting pouring   Rain/Sleet mix between 1 am and 6am.  The bar is this:  OPM/DC Gov closed.   I get this, I'm good.  

Preach.  I just want the government to close.  

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'm at the acceptance stage now, Bob Chill, Katie and WinterWxlvr are going to be ripping fat dendrites while I'm reporting pouring   Rain/Sleet mix between 1 am and 6am.  The bar is this:  OPM/DC Gov closed.   I get this, I'm good.  

I'm having that same sinking feeling... I haven't given up yet but I'm not thrilled with the trends, and at this range you can't disregard the NAM or RGEM.

If tomorrow's HRRR runs show our region getting fleeced with a dry slot and mangled mix while the secondary low gets going just in time for 40N to get clobbered, then this storm isn't worth my time.

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I'm here. Not much to say. We're riding a line. Not sure what part of city you are in. I have about 364 feet of elevation at my part off of 83 near northern parkway. I don't think I am far enough north or have enough elevation to feel great about things, but still hold onto a shred of hope. 

Yeah, I know about you, lol But besides you, who else from Baltimore comes on here? (and I'm in northeast Baltimore)

33 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah, I know about you, lol But besides you, who else from Baltimore comes on here? (and I'm in northeast Baltimore)

I lived in Hamilton neighborhood before moving across town two years ago. 

NW Balt poster is a little to my north and west I think.

goblin of doom baltwxguy is over in Essex/Dundalk I think.

vinyl is Balt based I believe.

mitchnik is around bwi.

the guy with Towson handle is self-explanatory.

i believe fozz is timonium, map north of that in parkton.

i am sure I am forgetting others. Read Mitch, vinyl and even goblin of doom for Balt specific insights imo. Fozz and map too, tho their stuff can be way different from what we get inside 695...

i will occasionally dabble in analysis, but after seven years of working on this hobby, still don't know enough to think about jumping in when psu, bob, Matt, randy, Ian  and many other brilliant posters and red taggers are analyzing...

I lived in Hamilton neighborhood before moving across town two years ago. 

NW Balt poster is a little to my north and west I think.

goblin of doom baltwxguy is over in Essex/Dundalk I think.

vinyl is Balt based I believe.

mitchnik is around bwi.

the guy with Towson handle is self-explanatory.

i believe fozz is timonium, map north of that in parkton.

i am sure I am forgetting others. Read Mitch, vinyl and even goblin of doom for Balt specific insights imo. Fozz and map too, tho their stuff can be way different from what we get inside 695...

Not quite. Gaithersburg/Germantown border... like 5 miles north of Bob Chill. Also my bias is NW of DC yes, but I try to include everyone from the cities north... forecasting for SE of the cities I rarely do because when things are interesting enough for me to pay attention, they almost always suck down that way, and yes, my best storms will be mixy in the cities... just the way of coastals. There is the rare coastal that ends up too Far East and shafts us though, so it all evens out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived