joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem V

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I def wouldn't trust anything yet, but the EPS have done kind of a 180 in the past 24-36 hours....they decide to keep the threat of winter systems right through St. Patty's day now. Whether that changes again remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, I def wouldn't trust anything yet, but the EPS have done kind of a 180 in the past 24-36 hours....they decide to keep the threat of winter systems right through St. Patty's day now. Whether that changes again remains to be seen.

Yeah we've seen these switches before and then it goes to poop. However, all guidance sort of has this...so it may have some legs.  I'd feel better if it held onto the look into Monday.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah we've seen these switches before and then it goes to poop. However, all guidance sort of has this...so it may have some legs.  I'd feel better if it held onto the look into Monday.

At least the start of the blocking is inside 10 days now....most of the previous episodes never got closer than the 11-15.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

At least the start of the blocking is inside 10 days now....most of the previous episodes never got closer than the 11-15.

Yep, true.

I just want at least one more decent event or even a few light events to track. It extends the cold season and makes it interesting. After that, I can smoke a cigarette in satisfaction and call it a season.  As abysmal as last year was...that period from 3/21-4/6 or so was fun.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep, true.

I just want at least one more decent event or even a few light events to track. It extends the cold season and makes it interesting. After that, I can smoke a cigarette in satisfaction and call it a season.  As abysmal as last year was...that period from 3/21-4/6 or so was fun.

A solid ending always takes a the sting out of a cruddy year...or dresses up a an average year a bit....kind of opposite how a good year that ends abruptly might leave a bit of a sour taste.

Hopefully this is one of those cases of getting a good finish.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I told you guys when GFS/GEFS first showed it that I thought it was right.  Let's see if it scores the coup now that the euro family is riding it.

The one positive factor on this one is that the trend is good on the EPS rather than the blocking disintegrating as we get closer.

He doesn't post here anymore, but HM seemed intrigued by the threat of blocking last week...that there might be more validity to this one than the typical phantom blocks we've seen in the 11-15.

Heh, the GEFS and EPS for that matter have painted both paradigms... 

Hard to know what's veracious out of all that.  If it ends up warm, you could give trophies to some date and time cycle of modeling output; it winds up cold with snow pop or two, the same for some other times.

I'm not sure HM or Jesus gets rights to acknowledgement given this over-time coin flipping. 

This all goes in line with the instability we hammered all day.  We're not dropping that just because this all looks tasty now.  What are we - 10 year olds?

I'm in Scott's camp - talk to me Monday...through mid week on this.  If we develop continuity (and for me on the next point) also see some relaxed compression in the flow... okay.  But this latter effect could also rear an influence and f it all up in its own rite.

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh, the GEFS and EPS for that matter have painted both paradigms... 

Hard to know what's veracious out of all that.  If it ends up warm, you could give trophies to some date and time cycle of modeling output; it winds up cold with snow pop or two, the same for some other times.

I'm not sure HM or Jesus gets rights to acknowledgement given this over-time coin flipping. 

This all goes in line with the instability we hammered all day.  We're not dropping that just because this all looks tasty now.  What are we - 10 year olds?

I'm in Scott's camp - talk to me Monday...through mid week on this.  If we develop continuity (and for me on the next point) also see some relaxed compression in the flow... okay.  But this latter effect could also rear an influence and f it all up in its own rite.

Yeah I'd still wait another few days...I do like how it has definitively trended better now that it's getting inside of 10 days. But you're right, that means nothing if it just goes the other direction 2 days from now...or tomorrow...or whenever.

At least we can "see" what is giving this some tailwind though....that's a huge wave-breaker in Quebec early next week. That is typically what we want to see to help dynamically drive a block. Obviously it isn't the only factor, we're seeing some changes in the GLAAM too.

Well that's the thing, I think there is more validity to this as well. But my personal opinion is to monitor this over the weekend and check back Monday because there had been a tendency to take this away as we proceed to T=0.  However I do think the Mid Alantic is still SOL barring a crazy block.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well that's the thing, I think there is more validity to this as well. But my personal opinion is to monitor this over the weekend and check back Monday because there had been a tendency to take this away as we proceed to T=0.  However I do think the Mid Alantic is still SOL barring a crazy block.

The RNA pattern out west def doesn't help further south.

Though there are some signs that maybe it starts to ridge more out west late in the 11-15 day, but who knows if that will verify...but you're starting to push the edge of the calendar in the Mid-Atlantic by that point anyway.

I should clarify that my "WINTER RELOAD" rant was originally based on a line extending from about Albany NY up through Concord NH through,,,,ohh, id say just north of Portland then eastward. I was never too excited that south of this line would pan out.                                                                                                                                                   Good news however..

if things pan out,,,,,?

all  those in new England, who enjoy or perhaps even love winter/snow/fun...

will most likely have some reprieve and peace of mind before seasons do change..!

WINTERRELOADWINTERRELOADWINTERRELOADWINTERRELOADWINTERRELOADWINTERRELOAD..................................................................................sally forth...winter reload weenies. gonna happen.

ctvalleysnowman...

you will melt so it really doesn't matter to you.

what  dumbass comment..

drunk dude!!!!!!!!!
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wasted!

not..

be original or shut up for crying out load.

Archived