Total Members
    Most Online
    FirstinWeather
    Newest Member
    FirstinWeather
CoastalWx

Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Who's office is more wild, GYX or BOX? I think BOX takes the cake as of now...and perhaps a little too much.

Are we talking forecast package or a Saturday night?

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm really surprised the number of people who don't just sack up and do the $20 a month or whatever it is in the winter to have full access.  Its certainly worth 75 cents per day.

Yes. Definitely worth it for the dec/jan/feb/,and march months! Costs $80 a year essentially

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Multiply this sh it by 12 kids in N interior 69 ing

IMG_0293.PNG

How much of that is Thursday? Thought that storm was close to a whiff on 12z, but 4" qpf for Cape Ann? 

13 km Euro 850 mb temps might be trying to show where the strongest lift is. 12z Monday it has a band of cooler temps (~-10) right along the coast from BOS through BHB, with warmer either side. 

Synoptically, you have to really like a blizzard-ish period over the eastern half of MA and of course further north for Monday morning based on Euro...even if only for 3-6 hours. You have a nuking H5 low that is centered over ACK and becoming mature. That is going to produce a really nasty CCB to the northwest of it. 

RPM never reads the upper Pioneer Valley well, always gives us the same totals as Springfield area.  

I'm a bit skeptical of the 4-6" it gives Greenfield and Brattleboro. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Synoptically, you have to really like a blizzard-ish period over the eastern half of MA and of course further north for Monday morning based on Euro...even if only for 3-6 hours. You have a nuking H5 low that is centered over ACK and becoming mature. That is going to produce a really nasty CCB to the northwest of it. 

I mean even taking only half of the 850 mb winds and you'll see frequent 30-35 kt gusts.

17 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

I asked this yesterday. Based on latest should I try to change my flight to come in at 4:30 pm tomorrow or leave it to come in at 4:30 on Monday?

Both are risky. Flying into PVD and getting home or getting to Logan (depending on your situation) seems like a much safer way to go on either day.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Similar to Thursday, with a really quick period of fury.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Similar to Thursday, with a really quick period of fury.

Yeah the rates may not match Thursday (it's not easy to get 3" per hour) but the winds may go crazy combined with like 1" per hour stuff on Monday morning. You may get into even heavier stuff in NE MA. It kind of sucks it wasn't just 50-100 miles southwest...it would be a "safer" forecast. But my gut says it's gonna be pretty crazy for at least a few hours in the CCB. 

I wouldn't sell short tomorrow evening though either. That's impressive WAA. We could actually see our best rates in that with the bent back midlevel warm front. 

Just back in from snowmobiling tails were mint snowed most of the time then flipped to freezing drizzle and iced the helmet and could  not even see , I see the euro is a crushing

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will intiate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

2 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will iniate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

Lol...I was thinking you may have the most understanding wife of all of us!

4 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will intiate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

coastal maine sounds like fun

If I didn't have my daughters gymnastics competition I would head up there in the morning. I have to be in NH next week to visit one of my plants.

I may skip Monday am show for Thursday show.

But being from Amish country PA:

bird-in-hand is always worth more than two in the bush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol...I was thinking you may have the most understanding wife of all of us!

All of our wives have to be truly understanding to put up with us weather "weenies." Ha ha

Ironically, my first wife was the one who gave me an ultimatum...encouraging me to leave the meteorological field more than 21 years ago.

I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo

2 minutes ago, weathercoins said:

I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo

Can you come back today?

8 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

coastal maine sounds like fun

If I do go, Portland is as far N as I'd be able to go.  It's truly a 50/50 proposition at this point.  Hoping it digs further S and get more of SNE in on the action, naturally.  Not just for selfish reasons, but for all of us.   

Does Logan cancel flights early like NYC flights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, weathercoins said:

I'll echo my earlier advice, Prof. C. Change your flight to get into T F Green instead, and you should be OK. I've utilized this trick numerous times and always been glad I did.

3 minutes ago, SeanInWayland said:

I'll echo my earlier advice, Prof. C. Change your flight to get into T F Green instead, and you should be OK. I've utilized this trick numerous times and always been glad I did.

Thanks ;). Then you Amtrak to Boston?