• Member Statistics

    16,067
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    FirstinWeather
    Newest Member
    FirstinWeather
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
CoastalWx

Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Who's office is more wild, GYX or BOX? I think BOX takes the cake as of now...and perhaps a little too much.

Are we talking forecast package or a Saturday night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm really surprised the number of people who don't just sack up and do the $20 a month or whatever it is in the winter to have full access.  Its certainly worth 75 cents per day.

Yes. Definitely worth it for the dec/jan/feb/,and march months! Costs $80 a year essentially

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Multiply this sh it by 12 kids in N interior 69 ing

IMG_0293.PNG

How much of that is Thursday? Thought that storm was close to a whiff on 12z, but 4" qpf for Cape Ann? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 km Euro 850 mb temps might be trying to show where the strongest lift is. 12z Monday it has a band of cooler temps (~-10) right along the coast from BOS through BHB, with warmer either side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Synoptically, you have to really like a blizzard-ish period over the eastern half of MA and of course further north for Monday morning based on Euro...even if only for 3-6 hours. You have a nuking H5 low that is centered over ACK and becoming mature. That is going to produce a really nasty CCB to the northwest of it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RPM never reads the upper Pioneer Valley well, always gives us the same totals as Springfield area.  

I'm a bit skeptical of the 4-6" it gives Greenfield and Brattleboro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Synoptically, you have to really like a blizzard-ish period over the eastern half of MA and of course further north for Monday morning based on Euro...even if only for 3-6 hours. You have a nuking H5 low that is centered over ACK and becoming mature. That is going to produce a really nasty CCB to the northwest of it. 

I mean even taking only half of the 850 mb winds and you'll see frequent 30-35 kt gusts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FRWEATHA said:

I asked this yesterday. Based on latest should I try to change my flight to come in at 4:30 pm tomorrow or leave it to come in at 4:30 on Monday?

Both are risky. Flying into PVD and getting home or getting to Logan (depending on your situation) seems like a much safer way to go on either day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Synoptically, you have to really like a blizzard-ish period over the eastern half of MA and of course further north for Monday morning based on Euro...even if only for 3-6 hours. You have a nuking H5 low that is centered over ACK and becoming mature. That is going to produce a really nasty CCB to the northwest of it. 

 

 

Similar to Thursday, with a really quick period of fury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Similar to Thursday, with a really quick period of fury.

Yeah the rates may not match Thursday (it's not easy to get 3" per hour) but the winds may go crazy combined with like 1" per hour stuff on Monday morning. You may get into even heavier stuff in NE MA. It kind of sucks it wasn't just 50-100 miles southwest...it would be a "safer" forecast. But my gut says it's gonna be pretty crazy for at least a few hours in the CCB. 

I wouldn't sell short tomorrow evening though either. That's impressive WAA. We could actually see our best rates in that with the bent back midlevel warm front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back in from snowmobiling tails were mint snowed most of the time then flipped to freezing drizzle and iced the helmet and could  not even see , I see the euro is a crushing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will intiate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will iniate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

Lol...I was thinking you may have the most understanding wife of all of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

I fully expect BOX to issue blizzard warnings for NE MA coastal sections...as early as the 4 pm update.  Not sure, yet, the prospective blizzard conditions will exceed those that verified in SNE on Thursday. 

On a personal (OT) note, I'm currently hanging out in Fredricksburg, VA contemplating if it's really worth turning back around and heading for Cape Ann to Portland, ME.  Will have to make an ultimate decision by 5 pm, and determine if my wife will intiate divorce proceedings if I risk going for it! 

coastal maine sounds like fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I didn't have my daughters gymnastics competition I would head up there in the morning. I have to be in NH next week to visit one of my plants.

I may skip Monday am show for Thursday show.

But being from Amish country PA:

bird-in-hand is always worth more than two in the bush.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol...I was thinking you may have the most understanding wife of all of us!

All of our wives have to be truly understanding to put up with us weather "weenies." Ha ha

Ironically, my first wife was the one who gave me an ultimatum...encouraging me to leave the meteorological field more than 21 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weathercoins said:

I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo

Can you come back today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

coastal maine sounds like fun

If I do go, Portland is as far N as I'd be able to go.  It's truly a 50/50 proposition at this point.  Hoping it digs further S and get more of SNE in on the action, naturally.  Not just for selfish reasons, but for all of us.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo


Does Logan cancel flights early like NYC flights?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weathercoins said:

I've never been this unsure if I should move my flight... getting into BOS at 3 PM Sun from CLT (layover from MEM). Like I should be fine... But in the off chance I'm not I could be stuck til Tuesday soo

I'll echo my earlier advice, Prof. C. Change your flight to get into T F Green instead, and you should be OK. I've utilized this trick numerous times and always been glad I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SeanInWayland said:

I'll echo my earlier advice, Prof. C. Change your flight to get into T F Green instead, and you should be OK. I've utilized this trick numerous times and always been glad I did.

Thanks ;). Then you Amtrak to Boston?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.