• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

Heh... part and parcel to the whole of the same event in my opinion..

Tomorrow's activity is really the onset WAA that eventually transmutes into CCB kinematics spanning some 24s in doing so, as the low first imparts inflow/upglide tomorrow, and then said upglide evolves into a TROWAL as the mid levels close off... It's all going to be pretty seamless between that front side thumping and the backing wind phases..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dotb said:

You guys are funny.  So if you hired a lawyer to be in Court for you on Tuesday, and he showed up unprepared and said "Hey, I took a couple days off because of the storm...", I'm sure you'd be ok with that?  Or if you were selling your house and buying a new one and had movers scheduled, and he/she didn't have your closing documents ready for your new house, resulting in you being homeless.  

Believe me, I'd love to just be able to close whenever we want, but unfortunately, our schedules aren't dictated by us.  They are dictated by courts, contracts and a dozen other people and things that we don't control, but have to be ready for.  The choice is made for us. 

Which is all based upon an assumption that that crap has more power than the nature in which it exists -

No, the storm is decides for you whether you wan to believe that or not.. It's simply a matter of whether that decision is yes (manageable event albeit with hardship) or no, something more societal impact level -

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh... part and parcel to the whole of the same event in my opinion..

Tomorrow's activity is really the onset WAA that eventually transmutes into CCB kinematics spanning some 24s in doing so, as the low first imparts inflow/upglide tomorrow, and then said upglide evolves into a TROWAL as the mid levels close off... It's all going to be pretty seamless between that front side thumping and the backing wind phases..

Some of the guidance has those two phases kind of disjointed. Like we get dryslotted after 8 hours of thump and then as the ULL really explodes to out southeast, the CCB builds back southwest a bit....some of the more favorable guidance sort of congeals them though like you describe...I think if that scenario takes place (a seamless transition), then we're going to see huge totals around here. Much like they are already going to get in southern Maine. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Some of the guidance has those two phases kind of disjointed. Like we get dryslotted after 8 hours of thump and then as the ULL really explodes to out southeast, the CCB builds back southwest a bit....some of the more favorable guidance sort of congeals them though like you describe...I think if that scenario takes place (a seamless transition), then we're going to see huge totals around here. Much like they are already going to get in southern Maine. 

I think we get scenario one. Probably dryslotted a bit...or maybe lighter precip for a time until the CCB tries to work in.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

so you think that dry slot is a lull? or you speaking just your area...

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I've seen a radar animation for something like that on this site over the last few months at some point or the other. 

There was a clear SW to NE motion with embedded decent snow and then ... it sort of slowed down for a moment before a wall came swooshing in from the NE as the 700 MB closed off..

But, yeah ...though that happens... the general idea of the CCB "backing" back SW seems to not be as successful to me more cases.  Granted, this whole evolution is a bit unusual for a number of reasons, so I wouldn't bank on it not happening either.  Still, I'd feel more comfortable with higher totals if the CCB actually does impact and the seamless idea worked out - so agree there...

Archived