Newest Member
    Dano62
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

BTV WRF is virtual all snow even at BOS. I think just inland where it stays all snow, but close enough for temps to be 32-33 may have some power issues...especially as winds increase near dawn Monday. Could be a lot of weight on those trees and wires. 

I notice the track on the WRF is due east from NJ to well SE of Cape before it heads north toward S NS, unlike the Euro and others that have it E of Boston @ 48hr.  It is also the furthest south, so I can see why it would be all snow in Boston.  Hope it verifies.

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I like a solid 10-16'' from Ray to ORH and north for the best totals in SNE. SNE jack zone is probably in the Haverhill - Derry, NH corridor. I wouldn't be shocked if someone there tickles 18-20''.

I'm saving 20" for the NH/ME border around DAW and up to Effingham. My gut says this gets cranking a little slower than the models have it. Dryslot and Pit2 get buried, but it ends up a solid foot for here through CON/MHT/ASH. I have some downslope concerns later on in the event for the MRV too. I think I'm leaning 10-14" here and then 12-18" away from the coast, toward the ME border...with a spot 20". I'd like to see 0Z speed up the secondary development and get the CCB cranking sooner. 

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm saving 20" for the NH/ME border around DAW and up to Effingham. My gut says this gets cranking a little slower than the models have it. Dryslot and Pit2 get buried, but it ends up a solid foot for here through CON/MHT/ASH. I have some downslope concerns later on in the event for the MRV too. I think I'm leaning 10-14" here and then 12-18" away from the coast, toward the ME border...with a spot 20". I'd like to see 0Z speed up the secondary development and get the CCB cranking sooner. 

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't forecast a 20 spot in SNE but if the CCB gets going sooner and it happens that's where I'd expect it. 

I'll be  fine with the 10-14" progged for my hood followed by some breezes to drift it a little.

Pit2 forecast is drool-worthy:

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Sunday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 31. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Blustery, with an east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. Windy, with a north wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday Night
A chance of snow before 7pm, then a chance of snow showers between 7pm and 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Didn't the Euro move a step in that direction at 12z for NE mass?

11 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'll be  fine with the 10-14" progged for my hood followed by some breezes to drift it a little.

Pit2 forecast is drool-worthy:

Tonight
Snow likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
Sunday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 31. East wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 22. Blustery, with an east wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 9 to 13 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 28. Windy, with a north wind around 30 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday Night
A chance of snow before 7pm, then a chance of snow showers between 7pm and 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I like, Similar

Detailed Forecast

Tonight
Patchy snow and freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday
Patchy freezing drizzle before noon, then snow. High near 27. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 4am. Low around 20. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 27. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Monday Night
A chance of snow before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers between 8pm and 9pm. Areas of blowing snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Didn't the Euro move a step in that direction at 12z for NE mass?

Yes. But it's precarious. It's one of those things where you could easily see 1-2" per hour stuff for 6 straight hours Monday morning or instead it could be a little too late on exploding and you get a steady but less impressive snow with good wind...like an additional 2-3" over 6-8 hours. 

I would feel more comfortable if more guidance at 00z comes in with a nuking upper low over ACK (like the euro) rather than CC Bay or PVC...that would be far enough S to get most of NE MA into the meat...prob including BOS too. 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I like, Similar

Detailed Forecast

Tonight
Patchy snow and freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Sunday
Patchy freezing drizzle before noon, then snow. High near 27. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 4am. Low around 20. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 27. Blustery, with a north wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Monday Night
A chance of snow before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers between 8pm and 9pm. Areas of blowing snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sunday
Areas of snow and freezing drizzle before 8am, then snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. East wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. East wind 9 to 13 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 29. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
i would take my 12-24 and one more euro run that is close to PVC

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:
Sunday
Areas of snow and freezing drizzle before 8am, then snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 32. East wind 6 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
Sunday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. East wind 9 to 13 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Monday
Snow, mainly before 1pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow. High near 29. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
i would take my 12-24 and one more euro run that is close to PVC

Nice!, It should be a really good event

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Understood WIll thanks

i know we are very close in, but did the EURO ENS flag any idea of that happening. Like they did yesterday

The ensembles looked really good though they were probably just a hair N of the OP run so that leaves me a little uneasy about going balls to wall just yet for NE MA. I'll feel pretty good though if the 00z suite comes to close to matching it...18z GFS took a step. RGEM was a bit progressive for my taste but it was spectacular tomorrow evening so it kind of made up for it. NAM isn't quite there yet. Ukie looks very good even if not completely epic like 00z last night. It was still a really powerful solution at 12z. So if it holds serve that would not be a bad thing. 12z JMA was very similar...a crushing for E MA on the CCB. 

So we'll see. I think out of all the guidance minus the Euro, id like to see the RGEM make a jump with the ULL deepening and be a little less progressive. We will be getting more into RGEM range too on this 00z run.

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Meso low is moving steadily SSW now in GOM watching those echos for a small appetizer after midnite

It's funny. PVC gusting to 24 knots out of NNW and is colder than ALB and GFL...that cold just funneled right down the coast. 

27 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Has it even stopped snowing up in Lewiston in last couple days.

radar will not give up in that area up to Millinocket. 

Part of Maine quietely Jackpotted in the Thursday system with up to 2 feet. 

5.5" weds, 11.5" thurs, 3.5" today, Sunday?, Monday?

Archived