SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one thing (AT least according to the WPC website) that seems to be underdone is the amount of BL issues E of 495.

First i thought it was just a timing issue (snows west first then east) but when i expanded the time frame ....round 1 has much higher probs of 6" in elevated ORH country then even the 495 belt (N of Pike) thru 1am Monday am. Even 4" probs reflect that. I thought there was a higher chance of 4-6 in the 128-495 loop then WPC is indicating from round 1, they seem to be betting on more BL issues into Interior CP of E mass?

as long as i stay snow in LWM i'm good , even if its 5" of mash potatoes but if i go to rain tomm eve theres problems

6 minutes ago, Stash said:

I was thinking 6-10, so sounds good to me. I wouldn't be surprised if amounts were lowered by morning. Even still, it'll be one of the better packs we've had in years.

I'm in the 6-10" camp for NW MA.  I know this is a potent system and will crank a coastal L but I find it difficult to get a SWFE to produce more than that.   I was surprised by BOX calling for 12-15" here.  hi-res NAM did have .75 qpf in Albany but let's assume 10:1 on this. 

Just now, weathafella said:

They did but aren't we seeing that potential here?   

Yes we are...but I think the point is that if this develops pretty late, then we may be mostly looking at 6-10 and then a dryslot...with only nuisance snows on Monday. If it develops fast, then yeah, we'll prob get some good inflow even before a mature CCB on Monday.

Archived