• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bmoremdwx
    Newest Member
    bmoremdwx
WeatherFox

Please post your observations, and other data for the Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017 here - Thanks!

3" now, heavier stuff again. Not quite heavy but visibility at about 1/3 of a mile. We were in a lighter band for 45 minutes. Wasted some snow.

ya know it occurs to me that my grass is showing because it has been growing with all the mild weather...I didn't measure but it's gotta be 2 inches now, my neighbors are shoveling and I can still the tops of very green grass, hence, it must have started growing over the past couple weeks!

9 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I think this is a 6" storm give or take for our area south of 78 unless we see 2-3" hr rates for a while

Yeah, my thinking too.  Hoping we can at least get to 8".  On the plus side, seeing really heavy snow now - finally.  Definitely less than 1/4 mile visibility, which, as most here would know, is the criterion for calling it "heavy" snow.  This is probably 2" per hour snowfall...

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Yeah, my thinking too.  Hoping we can at least get to 8".  On the plus side, seeing really heavy snow now - finally.  Definitely less than 1/4 mile visibility, which, as most here would know, is the criterion for calling it "heavy" snow.  This is probably 2" per hour snowfall...

And in the daytime to boot.....I'm hoping we can get to 8.

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

2 inches 

s+

it's really serious out right now. reminds me of the Jan 87 brute that left people stranded on the Garden State....that was an 8-10 incher.

4 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

This band has been absolutely crushing it up here... Im closing in on 6"

IMG_1761.PNG

You can clearly see 2 bands with an area of subsidence in the middle. The southern band there is right over head and its absolutely pouring snow