Newest Member
    joxey
February banter thread

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

If things hold, meaning no upcoming surprise snow events, Mappy's snow map will be...underwhelming? Of course for those who are from coastal MD and DE, this winter is a win. Probably the only places in our sub forum (outside of the western highlands maybe) that will be at or above climo.

def won't be exciting up our way -- but southerns areas that get on to the map should look okay. i'll probably need to start pulling numbers soon. 

Incredible to see that statement from Wisp.  I turned down a job offer (Luke, MD) and cancelled a move to Deep Creek this past October.  Oh, wouldn't that have been ironic..... moving up there for the snow and immediately having a historical failure.  Glad I was able to avoid that distinction.  That scenario happening was a running joke between family and friends during the consideration process.  Maybe just the threat of me being there was enough by itself.

13 hours ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Saw this on Facebook. Not sure when they usually close but would think they would normally have a couple more weeks....

99999.PNG

That is incredible, and depressing. I'm pretty sure they usually close around mid-March, but I'm surprised they shut down for the whole season this soon.

2 minutes ago, AdamHLG said:

Take a look at this link in memory of Bill Paxton.  This is very cool.  

http://gizmodo.com/storm-chasers-unite-to-give-bill-paxton-an-epic-tribute-1792765560

#wxtwitter also organized a TwisterLive twitter thing last night. Lots of mets, pro, amatures, fans, whatever were watching and tweeting together. Pretty cool. 

Spotter Network and chasers have made initials before for people (Tim Samaras and his crew for example) but never for someone who wasn't actually a chaser. 

36 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The few of us left are bringing her down for a crash landing. A blaze of glory.

007 can bury our remains in one go.

LOL. Blaze of Glory. I like that. Though a more apt description after what looks to be yet another fiasco of a chase is probably Dumb, Dumber and even Dumber driving the car off a cliff. :) 

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I was expecting bodies to fly out of that as it crashed

It was empty other than crew(you, me, a few others) as the passengers all jumped earlier. There weren't any parachutes so the passengers already died. 

That crash looks walk awayable IMO

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Dude it's going into march and we've had nothing. Let us have a little fun. It's not like we're messing up any serious discussion and there is still plenty of legit posts sprinkled in. 

There's a reason I'm trying to stay out of the discussion.

On 2/26/2017 at 6:44 PM, BTRWx said:

Someone with a red tag please set the pattern thread discussions straight.

7 hours ago, BTRWx said:

Not trying to get in an argument over this whatsoever so please don't take it that way. I just want to give you the perspective of those who were posting in the long range thread at the time of your initial posting. Now if you would have come out and said initially, 'We need to stop posting long range maps' then that would have probably been fine. It would have been your opinion, an opinion I don't don't agree with by the way, but an opinion none the less that had no insulting connotations. But your general statement of sending a red tagger in there to straighten things out strongly implied that the clueless weenies were running amok trashing the place, that they had no clue whatsoever when it came to the models. Which was quite insulting to those of us in the middle of the discussion. 

Again, no desire for an argument on my part just trying to give you our perspective.

15 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Not trying to get in an argument over this whatsoever so please don't take it that way. I just want to give you the perspective of those who were posting in the long range thread at the time of your initial posting. Now if you would have come out and said initially, 'We need to stop posting long range maps' then that would have probably been fine. It would have been your opinion, an opinion I don't don't agree with by the way, but an opinion none the less that had no insulting connotations. But your general statement of sending a red tagger in there to straighten things out strongly implied that the clueless weenies were running amok trashing the place, that they had no clue whatsoever when it came to the models. Which was quite insulting to those of us in the middle of the discussion. 

Again, no desire for an argument on my part just trying to give you our perspective.

I have no skin in this game, but this is very well said.

I know we have this discussion every year but nothing frightens me more then seeing PDS tor soundings in this area. Nobody here is ready and it's so densely populated. Arlington is something like four miles wide and if the nightmare mile wide tor down 66 ever happened... 

Anyways I know it's all out of our control, and I'll probably spend some good time tracking this too. Best of luck to all. 

8 hours ago, BTRWx said:

I respect your opinion and I'm not entirely sure what specifically your taking issue with but we seem to get this general complaint every so often and I always find it a bit odd. What should we be doing in the "long range thread"?  If your referring to the fantasy land snow maps I threw up as a joke with the tag "let's just enjoy this for 6 hours" then my original comment that why not have some fun in this awful year. We haven't had many weenie runs even long range so what's wrong with enjoying one even if we know it's not real?  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived