Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm highly speptical of this being anything more than a light system.  C-2"

The Shortwave going S of us is just one piece.  Is it amplifying or deamplifying? How about the MLs?  Are those S of us too or are they N of the area. Airmass will be relatively dry so we may waste a bunch of modeled QPF saturating the column. The NAM looks like it's on the robust end of guidance right now.

Well as long as the shortwave is sharp enough to back the flow in the mid level abut then it will want to produce...it quickly infuses a little Atlantic moisture. 

Theres certainly a distinct possibility it could just be a coating to an inch deal. Don't think any of us other than Kevin claimed otherwise...but on the other hand it is really close to being more than that. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well as long as the shortwave is sharp enough to back the flow in the mid level abut then it will want to produce...it quickly infuses a little Atlantic moisture. 

Theres certainly a distinct possibility it could just be a coating to an inch deal. Don't think any of us other than Kevin claimed otherwise...but on the other hand it is really close to being more than that. 

"OTK" Other Than Kevin 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Turning into nice 2-4" type event . Spots may see 5"

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

sometimes I think you ignore these bs posts.

19 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

A bit off-topic but it's 5:15 and still bright.  Each year, I find it a bit of an 'oh wow' moment to suddenly notice how much daylight we've gained.

Def noticeable each Monday morning bringing my son to his bus stop.  The 2 weekend days allow it to jump ahead a bit

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Taunton with same idea.. are they Wish casting too? Gimmie a freaking break 

.Folks need to get on with their lives and not worry about me

expect a general
inch or two of snow. Some of the hills might approach 3 inches.
Temps near the South Coast may be warm enough to support a rain/snow
mix.

That is not the same thinking as you.

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

A regional 1-3" with 4 maxes is what this should be with the look. 

Sorry you're pissed off about it 

:lmao: at you thinking I'm pissed off.  It's just snow.  Right now, imby, I feel temps will be borderline at lower levels and without dynamics, it's more wet than white.  Woohoo....

Even today, it felt beautiful out.  Mid 40s in the middle of winter.  LOL.  

Wake me up in 7 days.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

To each his own.  After 3 weeks of this it, I've grown accustomed to it.  May as well keep it.

I was at my brother's house in Foxborough yesterday. His lawn looked better then than mine does is late spring/early summer

I returned home to my icy 1.5" snowpack.    Bla 

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was at my brother's house in Foxborough yesterday. His lawn looked better then than mine does is late spring/early summer

I returned home to my icy 1.5" snowpack.    Bla 

Lol, lawns do look pretty good around here.  If I had time I'd blow the leaves that blew into my yard.  Even with the deluge the other day there is no mud.  

Archived