joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem IV!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it at least looks fairly active moving forward towards next weekend and beyond. Definitey can see how this could be another period of chances with little to show though.

CMC and Euro being rather unimpressive for the Sunday Monday deal next week makes me believe the GFS may be too ambitious.

On top of that... in lala range... the CMC has a massive wound up cutter

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is definitely  becoming a more real possibility.

the GFS at 18z now looks completely different for the super bow even and not really in a good way 

when the GFS is alone its usually not a good sign, disturbance comes through but the organized deep coastal is being shattered at this time, can come back , decent energy. Long ways to go

I think what scott said last week is very informative...he said this isn't the type of pattern/set up, that is going to sniff out a major storm way in advance, and hold on to it for a week.   If there is a major storm anywhere in our future, it will more than likely pop up at shorter  lead times.   

Ill take 2-3 inches tomorrow, and enjoy it.

Although, I would enjoy one major storm this season for all of SNE, before we close the door on the winter season. 

I like the strong shortwave that moves through the MId Atlantic states from the 4-5th of FEB, our storm of significance is from the 5-6th, right behind the lead shortwave.  It is quite healthy, but is crushed by the confluence to the north over New England and ends up with a storm way out to sea.  All models have this lead shortwave in the northern stream, our storm for Monday is actually the cut off low pressure center over the NE Pacific ocean.

Archived