Newest Member
    joxey
Gnarly Nor'easter 1/24 to 1/25/17 our favorite week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I drew that parallel, too. Snow won't be nearly as prodigious bc we lack the cold this time.

That storm had a lot more juice and much colder temps.  But the background appeal is similar.  

Widespread 2"+ QPF as far back as central NY with pockets of 3-4".  I still remember our first 6-8" fell with temps of 0-5F.  That was one helluva comma head for the interior with up to 6"/hr rates and 36-48" in the Green Mountains.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That storm had a lot more juice and much colder temps.  But the background appeal is similar.  

Widespread 2"+ QPF as far back as central NY with pockets of 3-4".  I still remember our first 6-8" fell with temps of 0-5F.  That was one helluva comma head for the interior with up to 6"/hr rates and 36-48" in the Green Mountains.

I was just telling Bob I shoveled inches of sleet in 07, no analog 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah yeah I knew what you guys were saying.   There are similarities...more so than most recent coastal storms in the past 5 years namely because moisture is getting west of ALB lol.

That was one of our last meaningful storms this way, over two feet at my place in Rotterdam at the time! Anyway, I'm getting a little excited about the potential of significant sleet here. It's been a long time since I've seen any meaningful IP accumulation.  Down to 36 after a high of 43 today.

Archived