joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Gnarly Nor'easter 1/24 to 1/25/17 our favorite week

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GYX goes Winter Storm Watch...BTV with an Advisory.  

I like the Legro wording of "significant amounts of wintry precipitation"....

Tough call...for the BTV area it's probably the largest wintry precipitation event in a couple years but fear of meeting any one criteria brings an Advisory.  Probably depends on the forecaster too...If a certainciuple take over the mid-shift I bet BTV goes to Warnings regardless of any one amount of p-type.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

That is what i'm wondering as well, We typically see a halt then it tics back one or two the other way, Not the case yet, But with the ULL shifting more SE ea run, The SLP is now taking a more SE track as well once it reaches our lat

We've actually been seeing that 'one step forward; two steps back' on this the last couple of days.  But your point's well-taken as I think today's the first we've seen a stretch of more than two consecutive runs ticking colder.  Meanwhile, north central Mass gets a nice little precurser inch or two on the NAM.

I'm prepared for my sleet.

37.5 at the Pit, 38.1 at Pit2

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Tough call...for the BTV area it's probably the largest wintry precipitation event in a couple years but fear of meeting any one criteria brings an Advisory.  Probably depends on the forecaster too...If a certainciuple take over the mid-shift I bet BTV goes to Warnings regardless of any one amount of p-type.

What a :weenie: that guy is. 

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There is a disconnect

IMG_20170122_145339.jpg

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Might just be the time that product was updated?

I see more snow for BTV than ALY now.

Ha it does look odd with Winter Storm Watches on all sides sandwiched by Advisories in the BTV and ALB CWAs....especially when they all have a pretty similar forecast, its not drastically different.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Ha it does look odd with Winter Storm Watches on all sides sandwiched by Advisories in the BTV and ALB CWAs....especially when they all have a pretty similar forecast, its not drastically different.

I mean I could've done it too, but then again I'm not sold I don't see 6+ in parts of my CWA. So I went with a watch.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Then there's that.  So is Grey GW?

I really don't think my forecast is that wild, but I could certainly get hammered by 2:1 sleet and look silly. But I've been consistently on the colder side of guidance (and my office).

There's plenty of time to panic tomorrow. Ha

Archived