Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don't know about you but I expect little sleep over the next 10 days.  I'll be up at 2 to see the latest euro.  I'll also get up at 3:45 for the latest NAM.  Yeah I know it only goes out to 84 but I can look for trends.  Then I'm full on into the EPS snow maps.  I think those things are a remarkable forecasting tool.  I'll also fire off a quick email to LWX inquiring as to when warnings will be posted.  I'll then be sure to update the long range thread with my findings.  Then it's 3 Red Bull's and a full day of model humping at work ( those kids don't need me, besides I'm trying like hell to get them a snow day).  Then I'll race home in time for the 18z runs, multitasking by checking the latest HPC discussions, the 8-14 CPC outlooks, my local long range forecast, and the latest LWX long range discussion.  I'll then grab a quick bite, sleep for an hour and then start checking the latest srefs and NAM (trends) and do it all over again.

BTW, I have a tee time booked for day 10, you know, in case the latest 10 day MECS turns out to be horsesh*t.

Believe it this time..i swear..it's coming.  EPS looks good for day 18

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Getting jealous of those WWAs for 2-4" east of the Bay.  We need some thing bad in this hole we're in.

I've wasted most of the day watching cams out of Canaan while looking at available properties in the area.  I'll do this until April and then I'll start daydreaming about a house on some hidden tributary of the bay where I could get up early, hop in the skiff, and crab in the cove in front of my house.  I'm so fickle.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

GFS has a big storm..it's just 10 days away!!!  Here we go guys...look me in the eyes...

It's coming this time.

This is the one.  For real this time.

Or at least it'll turn into an epic 50/50 for the one after.  

And when that one cuts to Chicago, that'll help create a rockin' Greenland block.  

47 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

So, I just sent a message to admin (I guess) asking why I was banned. It wouldn't let me in for 15 minutes and said I was banned lol. So I need to send a reply back now.......sorry stormtracker

yeah its a glitch that needs to be fixed. It happened to me as well, until i erased all cookies.

9 hours ago, PaEasternWX said:

I have a feeling that the gfs 00z will go back to a big storm idea day 7. Feel free to troll post me if I am wrong. ^_^

Apparently many have moved past the day 7 threat and are keying in on a day 11 major snow threat. Day 10 threats rarely pan out, day 11 signals have much more going for them. Lucy is having a field day this year lol.

Archived