joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, griteater said:

CMC coming in looks to still have the same wave riding the arctic front setup, but it has more precip this run with low running from N FL to off Carolina coast...snow roughly from S MS thru Atlanta and NE of there into NC.  Not as cold or as far south as GFS in the Carolinas

Does the GEM have a warm bias, or am I making that up?

Just now, Cary_Snow95 said:

Just imagine if the GFS had held serve. This forum wouldve erupted

LOL...I know, even if GFS held a little but it looks like a complete collapse to the euro for the most part.  Uk at 120.  I should say the UK was a crush job...from the SLP track it would look pretty good below. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 11.22.49 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

This is just fine by me right now. It won't stay where it is.

6 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Yep, exactly what I want to see this far out.  Even if all we end up with is flurries, it beats the pants off of a raging SER.

Fully agree guys, we can't ask for much more at this stage really....keep the system there and ignite it with those warm gulf SSTs.  We'll be fighting warm noses and boundary layer warmth in a few days if we don't watch it

1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

18z para gfs is a hit for much of nc w/ the thurs wave, gonna be a good one here in the next few frames with the weekend storm too. 

18z para is stronger then it's 12z run...this is a run the MA would like, negative tilt should wrap up and bomb.

3 minutes ago, packbacker said:

LOL...I know, even if GFS held a little but it looks like a complete collapse to the euro for the most part.  Uk at 120.  I should say the UK was a crush job...from the SLP track it would look pretty good below. 

Some late phasing bringing the low north

4 minutes ago, packbacker said:

The ukmet might get the endorsement of king after this weekend. Well see how it all shakes out, but man its been consistent

3 minutes ago, AshevilleCityWx said:

WPC highest snow/ice probs are for NC mountains, east TN, and far north-east GA. I like this idea. They know their stuff that's for sure.

Not seeing those areas as the best possible areas for this event. Southern and eastern areas are favored. 

Archived