joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm 1/6 - 1/8, 2017

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, deltadog03 said:

I think if your in GA, and most areas in the SE......GREAT trends tonight.  GFS is VERY close to a really good hit around here....CMC, and GFS trending better with qpf and colder for sure around GA.  RGEM looks like its going to be good as well.  4KM 
NAM was getting better...reg nam...its lost.  I noticed that the precip is about 6 hours or so slower moving in...I am ok with that.

And you are still in the hit zone!  If Goofy pulls off a hit for Macon, I'll be pretty impressed, lol. He's wanted to keep it south on us, and hasn't wavered. I kind of figured the cold would take care of it's self, but I guess we'll see soon enough.   T

2 minutes ago, dsaur said:

No you don't want it to shift.  You want it to expand, lol.  T

Yeah that's fine. I just feel like i'm going to be too far north and west and end up with a few stray flurries. I want this thing to expand more precip into NW GA, AL and Southern TN. I'm hoping that you get your sleet !

Why is this thread so off topic with politics, jokes, one liners and such?

Looks like models have converged on a track that favors RDU to Wilson and NE of there. I expect the mixing will be from Greenville to Wilson for those in NC and where this sets up will significantly cut totals for those affected. Just need Euro to align with GFS and CMC for a nice consensus. 

Just now, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Yeah that's fine. I just feel like i'm going to be too far north and west and end up with a few stray flurries. I want this thing to expand more precip into NW GA, AL and Southern TN.

Ok, now I'm confused.  Where are you?  Still in C town, or up in Dal. I can see the sweet zone expanding to Carrollton, but maybe not to Dalonega.  T

2 minutes ago, dsaur said:

Ok, now I'm confused.  Where are you?  Still in C town, or up in Dal. I can see the sweet zone expanding to Carrollton, but maybe not to Dalonega.  T

I'm in Dahlonega for now. Been here for 5 months but going to be moving again soon lol. Yeah like I said I'm worried i'm too far north. I may have to drive south for this one. You have a room at your place you can rent out for a night ? :lol:

12 minutes ago, dsaur said:

And you are still in the hit zone!  If Goofy pulls off a hit for Macon, I'll be pretty impressed, lol. He's wanted to keep it south on us, and hasn't wavered. I kind of figured the cold would take care of it's self, but I guess we'll see soon enough.   T

I agree...its still a bit north of here...it gives 1-2" verbatim this run...but, its DEF colder this run...

1 minute ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I'm in Dahlonega for now. Been here for 5 months but going to be moving again soon lol. Yeah like I said I'm worried i'm too far north. I may have to drive south for this one. You have a room at your place you can rent out for a night ? :lol:

Well, if it comes to pass I'm going to be out driving, and sliding in it, but you are welcome to stay up and out in it with me, lol.  No staying indoors on a snow night.  Have to take it all in.  Never know if you'll ever see it again :)  One thing though.... these things usually travel in packs, so if this one comes to visit, there will likely be another, lol.  T

3 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Whats Ukie show back this far, I know it's been your model all week.

At 60 your at 2 to 3 inch mark get to winston  espeacilly by pti it's getting in 5 to 6 range. I ain't on this common core math / metric system so I could stand corrected. 

However I still say it's going to be crowned the new king board wide come Sunday morning when it's time to hand out awards for this storm.

4 minutes ago, dsaur said:

Well, if it comes to pass I'm going to be out driving, and sliding in it, but you are welcome to stay up and out in it with me, lol.  No staying indoors on a snow night.  Have to take it all in.  Never know if you'll ever see it again :)  One thing though.... these things usually travel in packs, so if this one comes to visit, there will likely be another, lol.  T

Hey T!  What is your plan if you end up under an epic sleet band?  :guitar:

2 minutes ago, deltadog03 said:

I agree...its still a bit north of here...it gives 1-2" verbatim this run...but, its DEF colder this run...

Chris, if this thing happens like it's been showing, I expect the sweet spot to expand.  I'd be surprised if I get 4 to 7 and you get one or two.  As of now it looks to be cold enough down to you, and Meteostar was giving me over a half inch liquid...and that's a lot of snow into cold air, lol.  Trouble is I have nightmares about heavy snow warnings in snowstorms past then gave me squat.  Mother Nature can be a hateful witch, and she has been to me far to many times for me to fall hook line and sinker this early, lol.  Tony

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived